• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are we in the midst of a paradigm shift?

Kirkut

Gasoline/diesel engines are being replaced by synchronous motors (electric vehicles).

Malls and shopping centers are closing down due to e commerce.

Pubs are closing down in the UK as people socialize online and drink at home.

I won't be surprised if in the future coding basics will be compulsory for kindergarten.

Social media and apps like Netflix are the new ways of becoming famous, television and movie theaters will inevitably go obsolete.

Capitalism can be merciless, but that's change.

harsh.ag

EVs will cross the threshold point when the resale market improves

College education could be the next great frontier for paradigm shift as well. Tough prediction to make though.

Gnske

When those suits in charge of the AIDS project finally pull their fingers out and actually try getting us a cure, then we'll have a paradigm shift.

stephen

When those suits in charge of the AIDS project finally pull their fingers out and actually try getting us a cure, then we'll have a paradigm shift.
There's an Aussie company that's actually not far away. BIT is their stock code.

Gnske

It's pretty easy to steer clear of AIDS. Give me a cure for cancer dammit
Well that's the problem, AIDS, CANCER, all those suits probably keeping those cures in freeze dried packaging in some laboratory. Meanwhile AIDS and CANCER continues to ravage our planet. Ready to sell to the highest bidder when China finally nukes everybody, AIDS and CANCER run havoc as nuclear peptides kill people and condoms become too radioactive to be used, that's when the cures get deployed.

DriveClub

I'd say that we're in for another world war within the next 30 years, all the countries are moving towards nationalism again and most of the international framework put in place after world war 2 is going to be dismantled very soon. No one wants to play by someone else's rule of law

Last edited:

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I'd say that we're in for another world war within the next 30 years, all the countries are moving towards nationalism again and most of the international framework put in place after world war 2 is going to be dismantled very soon. No one wants to play by someone else's rule of law
I dread to think what a modern World War will look like. It will be short and completely brutal I would think. Mass death. Scary.

Conversely and ironically, it might be the very best thing for the ongoing survival of humans as a species on this planet.