• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Rik

1. Rik

Can anyone tell me when...

...the wedding between Mark Nicholas and Stephen Harmison will take place? Please remember this question is rhetorical, I will not be returning to this page, so don't even bother Marc.
  2. Rik

Mashonaland not interisted in trade.

Ok, look, I'm happy with my team so stop bothering me!!!
  3. Rik

Paul Rofe

Just looking at his record this season and despite not taking any wickets against South Australia, he's still got over 30 wickets at 26. Didn't he have a bad season last season? I can remember a few years ago he was doing rather well. Any thoughts on him?
  4. Rik

CommuterMayhem!

Ok it's been ages in the making, and I've spent ages working on it lately, but my band's site is finally in a decent state! We've got MP3s up and Pics and a message board. Just please don't download too much at the moment, the MP3s are still on Geocities and tend to boot the site offline when...
  5. Rik

Smalltownguymakesgood

Hi guys, just letting you know how my Band is going! We've got a "Warm Up" gig at the Yorkshire House in the centre of town tomorrow, getting £150 for 2 45 min sets, we've done longer for less. Seems more like a wear out rather than a "warm up!" Everything is being geared towards our gig at the...
  6. Rik

Forfit

I just read in the email that Somerset didn't enter a side, and although I lost the game, I haven't seen a mention that the result was a forfit. Shouldn't I get the points in this case even though I lost? Rik, Mashonaland Manager
  7. Rik

And now for something completely different (not really but we can only hope)

Well it's taken so long I thought he might actually get away with a tribute thread. So here you go Andre! The longest to 1000 posts at a guess and one of the people who actually deserves a tribute thread since you haven't spammed the forums with loads of rubbish! To you Andre. Don't waste it :P
  8. Rik

Vaughan or Vaughn?

I've been watching Alias for a while, my kind of spy drama thingy. Hell what do you expect from someone who gets his mum to tape CSI for him when he can't watch it? :P Anyway I've noticed a likeness between CIA Agent Michael Vaughn and his near namesake, England Skipper (although admittedly not...
  9. Rik

My Car

Hmmm well last night I had a pass plus lesson, guess what happened:
  10. Rik

New competition (Mashonaland and Guyana)

Mashonaland and Guyana will compete for the twice annual Slogan Cup in 4D, and the Red Strife Bowl in OD as part of the existing league structure. Each will be decided on who wins on the day, a draw will mean the previous winner keeps the Trophy and will be shared if the 1st game between the 2...
  11. Rik

What the hell...

I just logged onto Cricinfo and they've re-designed the main index so now it's totally useless. I really couldn't see any problem with the "old" format. Well I don't think I'll be the only one sending them an email asking why they had to make such a hideous re-design. If it ain't broke don't fix...
  12. Rik

Mashonaland Stars Up For Grabs

I never thought I'd be writing this but after a lot of thinking I have decided to put my two biggest stars on the market. But they won't be too easy to get of course, it never is :). Here is their career and current stats. Bear in mind Rogers is more of a four-day player (and a brilliant one at...
  13. Rik

The Wisden Cricketer

I've just recieved the 1st edition of "The Wisden Cricketer" as part of a 2 year subscription because I had 2 1 year subscriptions to the Cricketer and WCM. In my opinion, and only based on the 1st edition of the magazine, I don't think TWC is anywhere near as good as the 2 magazines it...
  14. Rik

Ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My band just got through the 1st round of the Telford Battle of the Bands, and are now in the final a week on Wednesday! 4 out of the 8 bands went through and we were one of them! Next week another 4 out of 8 go through and the final is judged by a panel of 15 PR and record people and consists...
  15. Rik

*Official* South Africa in England Thread

Squad for England vs SA 1st Test It looks ok although Kirtley will not get a go even though I think he would be a better choice than either Gough or Harmison. As for McGrath being picked, ok he wasn't going to be dropped and he's not done anything wrong but who would you pick? An in-form Graham...