• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Victor Ian

1. Victor Ian

Who do you support?

After a recent post, it made me wonder what are the actual breakdowns on support on CricketWeb. So vote for the team you support. If you follow multiple teams, pick the one that you support when they play head to head, or failing that, the one you would choose if someone put a gun to your head...
  2. Victor Ian

What on Earth to do

I'm ****ed now. After the best winters viewing ever, with a world cup and an Ashes, I now have to go out and smell the springtime blossoms as I wait for the summer Tests to start so I can lie down on the couch in bliss once more. Are there any riveting series coming up that could tide me over?
  3. Victor Ian

Who have you grown an admiration for in this world cup?

Pretty much as the title says. Rohit Sharma: this guy is now added to Kohli and Dhoni as Indians I think are the ****. Except against Oz I am a big fanboy now, wanting to see him get more hundreds. I like that he doesn't start big but gets himself in before going big. Ben Stokes...
  4. Victor Ian

Most comprehensive defeats of Australia in their own backyard

I can remember the West Indies humiliating Australia twice in the early 80s. Then a wanker inspired NZ not long after. I don't recall any other instance as bad as this pummelling by India. What others am I forgetting? Let's demote this Indian win somewhat down the ladder to take the gloss...
  5. Victor Ian

In search of Good podcasts

I've just finished listening to all the infinite monkey cage. Now I'm back to my own thoughts, which is quite disturbing. Are there any similar series I can get into? I love space, science, history - mostly anything if it's well expressed. Any good leads will be much appreciated.
  6. Victor Ian

Why has England become so good in ODIs

This England team is starting to gain my respect. What has changed that has led to them becoming a serious contender for the World Cup? Have they introduced something new in play style like Sri Lanka and the flying starts, or just got lucky with a number of skillful players all existing at the...
  7. Victor Ian

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Emus rule. So much character. Their mug is just screaming 'what the **** do YOU want?'. Look at this dude. Reminds me of Bryan Brown
  8. Victor Ian

Patto for county

How do we get this to happen? He needs to go there and play the whole season and early next one and become our secret weapon for 2019.
  9. Victor Ian

A different Border?

Let's just presume this team happened.... Australia XI: 1 V Trumper 2 M Hayden 3 D Bradman C 4 G Chappell 5 A Border 6 K Miller 7 A Gilchrist + 8 R Lindwall 9 S Warne 10 D Lillee 11 G McGrath If Border had have played in this team, instead of having to have led the team he had, I think he...
  10. Victor Ian

The discrimination thread

I know this could be opening a can of worms. I hope people can discuss rationally and not have the thread closed down. I'm curious about which countries are most discriminatory. In Australia we discriminate, often calling it humor. It is the minority that truly discriminates as most...
  11. Victor Ian

How many more runs to come?

Spark Method 0255075100125150 sangakkara576874104108109145 ponting51686876736960 tendulkar53687481112107114 lara52636974869089 Harsh Method 0255075100125150 sangakkara53606174686063 ponting46544953474544 tendulkar48565349474535 lara51606565757264 I hope you guys don't mind me...
  12. Victor Ian

with not outs counting as outs....So just how many more runs expected, not average expected, which is the point of this thread 0255075100125150 williamson46554650393537 kohli49626664506855 smith51565356443235 root47534645574543 and just for a bit of color... Interesting. Does this show...
  13. Victor Ian

If you were to tune into a test match and found a batsman on a particular score, how many more can you bank on them making, on average. All things being equal, then you can expect them to score their average. However, all things are not equal. Different batsmen perform differently once they...
  14. Victor Ian

Zorax and the necro-likes

What's up with Zorax and him liking posts from a year ago? Did he lose his job/girlfriend or life or something?
  15. Victor Ian

Grounds for an ATG series

So there is a series to be scheduled featuring all time great line ups. Let's say it is a 6 test series. What are the grounds? Just for a starting point i'll suggest Waca Lords Chennai MCG (cos you want 100000 to turn up) The good one from Pakistan And the West indies Basically pick the six...