• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. stephen

NDTV report 2011 world cup final fixing allegations

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/sri-lanka-sold-2011-cricket-world-cup-final-says-former-sports-minister-2248343 Terrible if true.
  2. stephen

Reverse Alphabetic Draft Voting Thread

Please vote for your three top teams (bear in mind that weldone's team is ineligible due to his Bradman pick): Ataraxia: 1. WH Ponsford / 2. GM Turner / 3. IVA Richards / pt 4. MD Crowe / pt 5. WW Armstrong* / o 6. SR Waugh / pt 7. RJ Hadlee o / 8. WAS Oldfield + / 9. RR Lindwall o / 10. DL...
  3. stephen

Your favourite nobodies

Who are your favourite players who weren't much chop and why? Personally I love Peter Taylor. His bowling action was great and he made me appreciate spin bowling.
  4. stephen

Fast Bowler Survivor 2020 Finals Voting Thread

Quarter Finals The time has come. It's finals week. First up are the quarter finals. Every one of these fast bowlers are elite. Every one of them struck fear into batsmen's hearts across the globe. Which of them will progress to the final four of all time? Group I Malcolm Marshall...
  5. stephen

It's freaking cold

Brrrrrr. 8-17 and overcast/ rainy today. Supposedly we're in for a record breaking cold May here in Brisbane. I really don't understand how anyone can like these temperatures.
  6. stephen

Reverse Alphabetic Draft

Hi guys, time for the reverse alphabetic draft. The rules are the same as for the alphabetic draft, except everything is done in reverse alphabetic order. That is, from Z to A. The first round player order is determined by the reverse alphabetic order of your forum username at the time of...
  7. stephen

Alphabetic Draft Voting Thread

Please vote for your three top teams: AndrewB Jack Hobbs Arthur Morris Brian Lara Everton Weekes Eddie Paynter Garry Sobers Richie Benaud* Alan Davidson Bert Oldfield+ Jeff Thomson Curtly Ambrose AndyZaltzHair 1 Herbie Taylor 2 Zaheer Abbas 3 Don Bradman 4 Polly Umrigar 5 Dudley Nourse 6...
  8. stephen

Fast Bowler Survivor Round of 32 and Preliminary Finals

In contrast to the Group stages and the Round of 64, the Round of 32 and Quarter finals will be groups of four bowlers. The format for the quarters will change slightly as well. In the Round of 32, we will be ranking 8 groups of 4 bowlers in order from best to worst (however you define that)...
  9. stephen

Pros and cons of going to bed right now

Pros: Will not be too wrecked for the kids tomorrow. I've read all the recent threads on the forum. It's too late to start something now. My scotch glass is empty. Cons: After going to bed the next thing I will experience is being woken up too early by screaming children. I'd have to get...
  10. stephen

Australia vs India 2020/21

There is talk of this tour going ahead behind closed doors: https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29075530/cricket-australia-mulls-five-india-tests-closed-doors So what will that look like? Will you still be keen as mustard to see India demolished 5-0?
  11. stephen

Fast Bowler Survival - Round of 64 and 32 voting thread

Round of 64 Down to the business end of the competition. The chaff has been separated, only the wheat remains. Crank up the youtube clips and cricinfo articles, things are beginning to get real. I've seeded the round of 64 based on the voting results of the group stages. We will be voting...
  12. stephen

Alphabetic draft

With the classic draft winding up I'd like to start a new draft to sink hours of my time into. Rules: You must pick your players in alphabetic order (according to cricinfo's player lists). You may not pick any two players who have the same relevant initial (e.g. you can't pick Sobers and...
  13. stephen

Australian opening batsmen

How do you rank Australian openers? There have been some good ones over the years. Warner Hayden Langer Lawry Simpson Woodfull Morris Ponsford Trumper And a few others. Which do you rate most highly and why?
  14. stephen

Fast Bowler Survival - 2020 edition First Group Stage Voting Thread

This thread is for voting on each of the different groups of fast bowlers for the fast bowler survival competition. I will post two groups at a time. The top 8 bowlers will progress in this round. Please rank the bowlers in each group from best to worst as you see fit (pretend you're drafting...
  15. stephen

Fast Bowler Survival - 2020 edition

A decade ago I ran a fast bowler survivor competition, to see which fast bowlers cricketweb rated most highly. With everyone in lockdown and bored right now, I figured I would run another one. The way that this works is that I will subdivide the nominated fast bowlers into groups. People rank...
  16. stephen

******* Official Australia vs NZ flashback thread *******

Cricket Australia are broadcasting am Australia vs NZ match "live" from the vault tomorrow. Be sure to watch it "live". https://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-new-zealand-odi-facebook-live-stream-odi-1997-waugh-warne-astle-di-venuto-bevan-adelaide/2020-03-22
  17. stephen

The Only True One Day World Cup Losers Voting thread

One Day World Cup Losers Draft Voting Thread Please vote for your top two teams. When voting, bear in mind that you are to take the WHOLE careers of the players into account, not just their performance in world cup finals (unless that is how you rate players). Trundler: 1 Shahid Afridi 2...
  18. stephen

One Day World Cup Losers Draft Voting Thread

Please vote for your top two teams. When voting, bear in mind that you are to take the WHOLE careers of the players into account, not just their performance in world cup finals (unless that is how you rate players). Trundler: 1 Shahid Afridi 2 Desmond Haynes 3 Graham Gooch 4 Ross Taylor 5...
  19. stephen

One Day World Cup Winners Draft Voting Thread

Please vote for your top two teams. When voting, bear in mind that you are to take the WHOLE careers of the players into account, not just their performance in world cup finals (unless that is how you rate players). Ankitj: 1 Mark Waugh 2 Gautam Gambhir 3 Dean Jones 4 Ijaz Ahmed 5 MS Dhoni +...
  20. stephen

One Day world cup losers draft

I'd like to start up two new simultaneous drafts. A 50 over world cup winners draft and a 50 over world cup losers draft. This thread is for the losers draft. The rules of this draft are as follows: The first ten rounds will be up and down randomised order (The order is randomised for the...