• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. luckyeddie

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Nope. Should have posted this then...
  2. luckyeddie

Music discussion thread

Five days to go to the greatest musical event of the year....
  3. luckyeddie

Old One-Eye's Match Report

Each Derby County home match, I write a match report for one of the fans' websites. It's not intended to be totally serious, but it is intended to give you some kind of a feel of what Pride Park and Derby County means to me. Please bear in mind that the reports are NOT intended to be a balanced...
  4. luckyeddie

I'm going to be a Great Uncle

My kid sister is due to become a grandma on Feb 16 this year. Whisky bottle here I come.
  5. luckyeddie

Mile Sterjovski

Can any of you Aussies give me some kind of idea what this guy is like? He's at Pride Park today, expected to become Paul Jewell's latest signing.
  6. luckyeddie

What camera?

Always willing to accept advice here - forgive me if my jargon's not up to the mark. I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera - I've quite got into this photography lark in the last couple of years, currently clicking away with a Fuji Finepix 5600 but I want something a little more serious...
  7. luckyeddie

*Official* English Football Season 2006-07

Fixtures are published tomorrow. Summer is now officially over.
  8. luckyeddie

I think I must be sick...

Just watched the Heineken Cup final between Biarritz and Munster - and enjoyed it. The real reason I watched is because I'm going to Cork on holiday next week and wanted to learn one or two of the players' names so I can get some free pints bought me in the pub, but.... I enjoyed watching a...
  9. luckyeddie

The Balloon Game

The idea is that two people are in a hot-air balloon, it's losing height and looking as though it will crash into the jungle with nasty poisonous frogs, evil squawking parrots and no doubt dinosaurs like in one of those 'lost world' movies. There's no fuel left - and the only ballast is the...
  10. luckyeddie

Eat your heart out, Bill Oddie

I go for a walk every lunchtime, and in the last 3 months I've taken to watching (and feeding) the waterfowl on the canal that runs close to where I work. It's therapy - helped me control the constant pain I was in until my operation a couple of weeks ago. I've a tiny pair of 10x Olympus...
  11. luckyeddie

Are Man Utd taking the Mickey?

There are times that Manchester United are unfairly treated This, however, is not one of them.
  12. luckyeddie

Happy Birthday chris.hinton

I'm just amazed that it isn't Richard's too.
  13. luckyeddie

The Pweor of the Hamun Mnid

I Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rsceearh at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit...
  14. luckyeddie

Scam alert.....

Be on your guard when on your own for this one chaps. You have been warned... I don't know if you shop at Tesco but this may be useful to know (it's likely to generate a spate of copycats, so be on your guard). I am posting this here to you to warn you of a clever scam while out shopping. It...
  15. luckyeddie

Screen Caps

Right, guys - this is how you can either help your old mate Ed or give him a good reason not to pick on you in future. I have a requirement coming up where it's likely that I will be doing a chunk of work from someone at home, creating support documentation and a user guide for an existing...
  16. luckyeddie

The Steve Fossett Thread

This guy is an absolute hero of mine, a real throwback to the adventurers of yesteryear: the John Cobbs, David Livingstones, George Mallorys and Roald Amundsens of this world who did things just for the sheer fun of it. This year, he's attempting the world's longest flight - 26,000 miles...
  17. luckyeddie

For UK CricketWeb members

Cream in Concert from the Royal Albert Hall BBC2 - on now.
  18. luckyeddie

It's Groundhog Day.....

...... again. Time to spin out the old 'Sonny and Cher' records because the 'Prognosticator of Prognosticators', Punxsutawney Phil, is about to be dragged kicking and screaming from his hole. It's also one of my all-time favourite films.
  19. luckyeddie

Whale in the Thames

Fascinating pictures on Sky News at the moment - there's a whale been swimming up the River Thames - pictures via a helicopter. It seemed to be swimming fine, but about 2 minutes ago it appeared to beach itself. The newscaster said "I wonder why whales beach themselves?" I immediately thought...