• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For UK CricketWeb members

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just finished (yes, I know it was last May).

I don't care if I never hear a piece of music for the rest of my life.

Musical perfection was attained on three separate occasions - Clapton's playing during 'White Room', Ginger's incredible 10 minute virtuoso drum solo in 'Toad' and, of course, the quite fantastic rendition of 'Sunshine Of Your Love' by all three.

Simply wonderful.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
We're too busy listenin to James Blunt mate..
Who he? (I mean, I like blunts)

Just had a look on his website - still not really any the wiser.

Good?

I'm not going to dismiss him just because he's new, but I don't fancy going out and buying an album without hearing anything first.

Regarding 'too busy', Cream play the Albert Hall every 40 years. Catch them next time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
If you don't know who James Blunt is thats pretty incredible.. But in a good way, I wish I didn't know who James Blunt was.. Possibly the worst thing ever..

Seems like a sound bloke until he starts making "music"

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
If you don't know who James Blunt is thats pretty incredible.. But in a good way, I wish I didn't know who James Blunt was.. Possibly the worst thing ever..

Seems like a sound bloke until he starts making "music"
I am a doofus, so how am I supposed to know?

I never EVER listen to MTV, or any terrestrial music radio for that matter. I have no friends who do so either, and other than my time on CW and when I work, very rarely any opportunity to converse with people of that certain age who partake in mainstream music media.

PY

His was the biggest selling album of 2005 Eddie, whiney voice with heartbroken lyrics.

I find girls love his music, guys get rather annoyed with his voice. :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
His was the biggest selling album of 2005 Eddie, whiney voice with heartbroken lyrics.

I find girls love his music, guys get rather annoyed with his voice. :P
Thanks for the info.

Am I right in assuming that the reason I haven't heard of him is he is one of only 5 people in the UK not to have appeared on reality television?

Langeveldt

Soutie
luckyeddie said:
Thanks for the info.

Am I right in assuming that the reason I haven't heard of him is he is one of only 5 people in the UK not to have appeared on reality television?
No, he's too famous to appear on reality television, too normal as well

Barney Rubble

luckyeddie said:
Thanks for the info.

Yes, you are.

FWIW I don't hate him like Rich does - at first he did appeal to my (worryingly prominent) soppy feminine side - but after a while he does get distinctly annoying, in many varied ways. Although you've got to love the fact that he used to be Captain James Hillier-Blount of the British Army. :laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
my father was watching this programme, really whats the fuss?
As in .... he watched the Cream recording?

I posted that it was 'on' at the time it was, so that if any UK CW members who actually had any taste at all were logged in at the time and they didn't know that Cream was on the Beeb, they would at least have had a chance of catching some of it.

Apparently it fell on deaf ears.

Loony BoB

I still don't understand James Blunt at all. I mean, I know that some songs out there aren't anything I listen to regularly but I still see why some people like them. James Blunt is one of the few that I never could figure out what was great about him. I mean, he sounds like every other guy out there. Maybe it was the fact that he was saying "You're beautiful" which we all know every girl loves to hear, regardless of the fact that James certainly doesn't know what they look or act like and probably doesn't care, either, so long as they spend money on his voice. I could understand him doing averagely, maybe a top 20, but not #1 album of the year. I like pop music of all sorts, and I still don't get it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Langeveldt

Soutie
Loony BoB said:
I still don't understand James Blunt at all. I mean, I know that some songs out there aren't anything I listen to regularly but I still see why some people like them. James Blunt is one of the few that I never could figure out what was great about him. I mean, he sounds like every other guy out there. Maybe it was the fact that he was saying "You're beautiful" which we all know every girl loves to hear, regardless of the fact that James certainly doesn't know what they look or act like and probably doesn't care, either, so long as they spend money on his voice. I could understand him doing averagely, maybe a top 20, but not #1 album of the year. I like pop music of all sorts, and I still don't get it.
Maybe thats why he was such a success, because he was basically an average sounding guy saying "you're beautiful"

Better not tell burpy..

andyc

Langeveldt said:
Maybe thats why he was such a success, because he was basically an average sounding guy saying "you're beautiful"

Better not tell burpy..
Haha

See link in sig.