• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

36th Match - South Africa v United Arab Emirates (12th March)

Who will win this match?

• United Arab Emirates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

halba

what worries is the SAF pace attack is not firing. steyn and philander wicketless in opening spells vs UAE.

harsh.ag

Steyn basically doing the long form of a switch hand lay up. Gonna destroy Sri Lanka in the QF with mad eyes.

Antihippy

I actually just don't think steyn is that amazing of a ODI bowler. He's still very good, but I think morkel is a much, much better ODI bowler than steyn.

halba

dale steyn is short a yard of pace. philander is clocking less than 135kph. this bowling attack doesnt threaten, only morne does

Niall

dale steyn is short a yard of pace. philander is clocking less than 135kph. this bowling attack doesnt threaten, only morne does
Agreed, although Tahir is pretty good. Not sure dropping Abbot for Vern was the canniest move either, Abbot looked decent enough and unlike Vern can bowl at the death.

Sri Lanka have nothing to fear from this lot.

Antihippy

Also I appreciate that it's going to be hard seeing that the south african bowlers outmatches him skill-wise and experience-wise, but I really don't think Patil is doing himself much credit with the innings he has played. They were very unlikely to win anyway but he doesn't even really attempt to win it.

Niall

Also I appreciate that it's going to be hard seeing that the south african bowlers outmatches him skill-wise and experience-wise, but I really don't think Patil is doing himself much credit with the innings he has played. They were very unlikely to win anyway but he doesn't even really attempt to win it.
Especially as due to the fact they are cutting the teams in the world cup, this could be his second last world cup innings, they were never going to win, but what a dull innings to play.

Sarun

Shaiman Anwar got 1 more match to build his lead as the highest Associate runs getter in a single WC!