• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Headingley, Leeds

trundler

All hats off to Labu for batting like a steel-nerved Australian test match batsman of old. Deserved that 50. Incredible effort from Stokes in the final session to give England hope but one suspects they'd do well to double their first innings score.

zaremba

this post has absolutely nothing to do with that decision or anything at all so this is really unrelated to anything, but i feel like hotspot's been pushed aside too quickly as an additional tool. i mean you're not going to get false positives from it (except for bats brushing pads or similar which can then be decided on with snicko anyway), and i know it's definitely possible for false negatives but idk it'd be handy sometimes i reckon. and yes snicko pretty much tells us all the same answers as hotspot does but hotspot looks cool too

anyway one post closer to 10k
Strong work.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Imagine seeing them go off yesterday for rain the second time round, getting on a long haul flight then checking the score just now landing. You'd be made up to see us restricting Oz to an average score but a little concerned about the lost time

hazsa19

We could dismiss the Aussies for less than 200 in both innings and still lose the test by 100+ runs.

Nice

Test_Fan_Only

I’ve got to say that Labuschagne is quality.
Yeah it is strange how he managed to get there but he seems to have learnt very quickly how to be a test match batsman. He was not really good enough during the Australian summer, then went back to Sheffield shield and was terrible against the duke ball. But then in England he seems to have worked out how to play in county cricket and now is doing it in test cricket. Excellent ability to grow as a batsman in a short period of time. What looked to be a very strange selection initially has turned out to have unearthed a player who is clearly test match quality.

hazsa19

As devastating as this is, and it is devastating, I felt like I was being repeatedly punched in the stomach this morning, I hope some good comes out of it. I don’t know how but it has to happen. Hopefully it starts with Root stepping down and focusing on his batting. Surely it’s time to split the national team between Test and one day stuff too.

Last edited:

Starfighter

That scorecard is so symptomatic of Australian batting recently. A whole bunch of starts with no big score, therefore missing the chance to comprehensively bat England out of the match, especially with conditions likely being about as good for batting as possible tomorrow (then again, could almost say the same about today).

Marnus though. WAG.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Root is ****ed, maybe the whole cheating thing really got to him. It's not even just his batting and captaincy, but that catch he dropped . . . fmd my dead grandma would have caught that if they levered her upright and stood her at slip

Starfighter

Root is ****ed, maybe the whole cheating thing really got to him. It's not even just his batting and captaincy, but that catch he dropped . . . fmd my dead grandma would have caught that if they levered her upright and stood her at slip
Just pulled up a video. Even Alastair Cook would have held on to that one.