• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

419 Fraud

bryce

I was wondering if anyone has been sent emails about this just to warn people... It normally involves someone claiming they are from a foreign country who wishes you to be the benificiary of millions of dollars.
If anyone has had similar experiences please post about it on here.

Western Warrior

bryce said:
I was wondering if anyone has been sent emails about this just to warn people... It normally involves someone claiming they are from a foreign country who wishes you to be the benificiary of millions of dollars.
If anyone has had similar experiences please post about it on here.
I think everyone can put their hand up on that one. Nigeria, the land of fraudulant emails.

PY

Try searching the forums for spam emails, there's some real classics there. :D

bryce

haha ok well it's new to me, the freaky thing was the dude rang my house the other day lol.

Langeveldt

Soutie
On a more serious note, ebay members beware..

I was stupid enough to pursue a request for my bank details so I could repay my listing fees automatically (which I wanted to do anyway)..

When I got to the crucial bit, I realized that the email sender name was Ebay.com and not Ebay... Basically an imitation email so someone else can get at my bank account.. Luckily I realized before it was too late..

bugssy

Langeveldt said:
On a more serious note, ebay members beware..

I was stupid enough to pursue a request for my bank details so I could repay my listing fees automatically (which I wanted to do anyway)..

When I got to the crucial bit, I realized that the email sender name was Ebay.com and not Ebay... Basically an imitation email so someone else can get at my bank account.. Luckily I realized before it was too late..

there has been alot of those ones aswell

the biggest thing to look for is they usually ask you to click a link and give your details there, when you do click the link it will be some weird address, usuall ebay is ebay.com.au or ebay.com so there one is like d12//ebay something like that so yer guys beware!