• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

adam milne- who should NZ replace him with?

Who should replace Adam Milne?

• Kyle Mills

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mitch Mclen

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Leave him alone("x factor")

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mills, should have been the 1st or 2nd pick from the start, Vettori and Mills bowling out from the 12th over onwards, 20 overs 3 for 60.
But we've frequently been bowling Southee and Boult almost out in the first 30. We rely on Milne/Anderson to make up a lot of death overs. We no longer have that flexibility with Mills in the team.

Greenlite

If he keeps up his pace and accuracy then he is a great first change. He gets players like Sanga and Afiridi out in the later stages. I am more worried about his inexperience and crack under pressure, but I hope he turns out great, like Kane. And he is a game changing fielder too.

Mitch is great but he is wayyy too expensive in the first spell and Andrerson is totally doing his job, and Boult or Southee has the ability to intimidate and destroy middle order batsmen and breaks up key partnerships.

If Milne gets a 3 week injury then Henry might be drafted in for his pace and flexibility, I think debating whether Mills or Mitch should start or draft an unknown into the first XI would be interesting. Though I hope Milne stays fit mentally and physically.

Flem274*

123/5
milne is going to be a gem. i just hope he's far enough along to be a big contributor to a world cup win in the next four weeks.

thierry henry

Of course Ol' Man River>>>>>>Milne and should be in the ****ing XI. I don't buy any of these excessively specific theories on why we should pick an inferior bowler. I heard the same type of rubbish trying to justify picking NMac over Vettori.

......but I'm just way over it and CBF anymore. Milne is Not Terrible and I hope he bowls 170kph and takes a thousand poles.

Greenlite

Of course Ol' Man River>>>>>>Milne and should be in the ****ing XI. I don't buy any of these excessively specific theories on why we should pick an inferior bowler. I heard the same type of rubbish trying to justify picking NMac over Vettori.

......but I'm just way over it and CBF anymore. Milne is Not Terrible and I hope he bowls 170kph and takes a thousand poles.
I think base on the form and combination right now, Boult > Mills @ opening spell and Milne > Mills @ first change/death overs/2nd powerplay, so ya.

Mills might take a couple of wickets early and give you Eco of 3.0 bowling out in the first 30 overs in the first XI replacing Boult but we'll never know.

Kirkut

OP is one impatient bloke. When Southee and Boult are doing 90% of the damage, it's quite obvious that Milne will seem like he's underperforming. He bowls at 145-150 kph, will be more effective than Boult and Southee when NZ play in Australia.

Zinzan

But we've frequently been bowling Southee and Boult almost out in the first 30. We rely on Milne/Anderson to make up a lot of death overs. We no longer have that flexibility with Mills in the team.
Agree, that is the very logic for not using Mills, Southee & Boult (and assessing which one is getting swing early on) since Mills has to really be bowled out by the 35th over.