• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

aLftA Times

Jamee999

In here post your match reports, player profiles and various other aLftA related things.

First one coming soon.

Adamc

I will take this opportunity to offer Shane Bond honorary citizenship of Zimbabwe after his matchwinning 13-95 & 44 vs. Kandy. Took 8-33 in the first innings, including 5 ducks, before destroying the Kandy lower-order when they were on track chasing 320 at 4/265, collapsing to 278 all out. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would like to shoot my entire team for a pathetic showing - the only answer is that when we were helping Dave improve his side to recover from the previous regime, we helped him too much!

AUST_HiTMaN

marc71178 said:
I would like to shoot my entire team for a pathetic showing - the only answer is that when we were helping Dave improve his side to recover from the previous regime, we helped him too much!
Nobody helped me out as such apart from Dylan. That is where i picked up Lara and Youhana in trade for Srinath and Gavaskar, My only other trade was with Mister Wright, Houghton for Flower, trade was forced as I had 3 keepers and Mister Wright only had 1 (i think). I think your a bit upset as it was the better team on the day who won ;)

I'm thrilled with that win, being the 12th seeded test side (last), beating the #1 seeded test side is a great thrill. However the cockier you are, the further you have to fall, so all I can say is i hope for a consistant performance next round.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well Lara and Youhana for Srinath and Gavaskar is a pretty brilliant bit of business on your part - no wonder Dylan got hammered!

Jamee999

Basin Reserve are very disspaointed with the loss to the Toronto Tigers.
Steve Waugh-the captain- made a pair and was found drinking and given a 4 match ban for his glaring hang-over that made his second duck. Alan Donald has been given the tempoery captaincy.

garage flower

jamee999 said:
Basin Reserve are very disspaointed with the loss to the Toronto Tigers.
Steve Waugh-the captain- made a pair and was found drinking and given a 4 match ban for his glaring hang-over that made his second duck. Alan Donald has been given the tempoery captaincy.
A clinical performance by the Tigers. Having traded Murali, we were a bit worried about the lack of variety in the bowling, but the 4-prong did a good job.

Special mention to the experimental opening pair of Dudley Nourse and Greg Chappell. They set up the win by almost batting through day 1.

My players didn't notice anything wrong with Waugh during the game. I think the Bears are desperate for a scapegoat after such a convincing defeat!

Andre

Adamc said:
I will take this opportunity to offer Shane Bond honorary citizenship of Zimbabwe after his matchwinning 13-95 & 44 vs. Kandy. Took 8-33 in the first innings, including 5 ducks, before destroying the Kandy lower-order when they were on track chasing 320 at 4/265, collapsing to 278 all out. :)
The sheep-free environment of Kandy allowed for New Zealand's favorite, Shane Bond, to focus on his cricket only. Manager Adamc's decision to remove the photo of Bond's favorite sheep from his locker proved a masterstroke.

The Kandy squad, meanwhile, struggled to come to terms with the occasion. Dismal lower order collapses - and Chris Cairns' snaring of Bondy's sheep photos - allowed for the Zimbabwean-based side to jump on and dispose of the Kangaroo carcaus.

Jamee999

The Basin Reserve Bears lost for the second time in 2 matches,losing by 88 runs.Only Thorpe scoring any decent amount(74) and in the chase of 283,Ponting(68),Hick(68) the top scorers, Donald took 3 wickets in the Lord's innings.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tony Gray got 3/44 in what was otherwise a dismal performance from the Sharks, losing to an auto-picked Cats side. Darren Lehmann, forced to bowl ten overs in the lack of other good part-timers, ended with 1/62 as his erratic spin-bowling was punished hard by Kirsten, who was the star of the match. Honourable mention also to the Cats' Hendrick, who picked up Michael Bevan for a golden duck and thereby destroyed all hopes of a victory. Once Nawaz and Kasprowicz get that radar back, we're in with a shout.

garage flower

Emphatic win for the Toronto Tigers over MCG. Brisk centuries from Sarwan and Martin Crowe, after an initial burst from Trescothick, enabled us to reach a round 300.

In reply, Joel Garner ripped up the Manta Rays top order, taking 6 wkts to secure a comfortable victory.

Adamc

Two from two for the Hammerheads. :) Beat the third seeds in Tests and the top seed in ODI's. Honourable mentions to Greenidge and Knight who set the game up with an opening stand of 257, each scoring centuries. Dismal bowling display though - almost cost us the game.

Jamee999

Jamee's tables

I have made some league tables for aLftA which have simple points systems and will be interesting to compare with the offical ones.

Points.

Tests: 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.

ODIs: 1 point for a win, 0.5 for a Tie/No Result, 0 for a loss.

(Correct after ODI Round 1)

Tests Group A

Eden Gardens 3 points
MCG 1 point
Sharjah 1 point
Lord's 0 points

Group B

Cape Town 3 points
Toronto 3 points
Basin Reserve 0 points
Lahore 0 points

Group C

Dhaka 3 points
Harare 3 points
Kandy 0 points
Kensington Oval 0 points

ODIs Group A

Harare 1 point
Toronto 1 point
Kensington Oval 0 points
MCG 0 points

Group B

Kandy 1 point
Lahore 1 point
Dhaka 0 points
Eden Gardens 0 points

Group C

Cape Town 1 point
Lord's 1 point
Basin Reserve 0 points
Sharjah 0 points

Jamee999

A League For The Ages 2 Umpires announced.

Here they are:

SA Bucknor
DR Shepard
S Venkataraghavan
HD Bird
DB Hair
RE Koertzen
F Chester
DL Orchard
DJ Harper
CS Elliott
RS Dunne
ID Robinson
SG Randell
AR Crafter
RB Tiffin
DB Cowie
PJ McConnell
SJA Taufell
CJ Mitchley
RA French.

They are the 20 umpires. 18 of them being used each round.

Tom Halsey

All of my players deserve to be shot after a dismal performance - still, looking to bounce straight back, against the bottom team. :p

Blaze

Banned
vic_orthdox said:
Should we bring this thread back, or start a new one for the new era?

Woops I created my own thread before I saw this.. I will probably just post my stuff in there. Tharmi has made his own as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I reckon it'd be good to create our own newspaper for the newest series. Leave the past in the past anyways.