• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amnesty for ICL players - BCCI

biased indian

they cancelled the trip becuase there was no third team ready for the Tri series SA was the original choice but they have pulled out i think

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good move by the BCCI. They would never bow down to the ICL and offer a free return to players who still play in the ICL. People have high hopes if they expect that out of the BCCI. Amnesty offers a chance for the players to return to the official fold if they want to which is way better than the situation they are in - banned from so much cricket.

wpdavid

Good move by the BCCI. They would never bow down to the ICL and offer a free return to players who still play in the ICL. People have high hopes if they expect that out of the BCCI. Amnesty offers a chance for the players to return to the official fold if they want to which is way better than the situation they are in - banned from so much cricket.
I still don't get it. wtf gives the BCCI the right to dictate who players play for in the first place? It's not a case of 'bowing down' to the ICL afaics. More a case of stop acting like a playground bully who's got the biggest kids on his side. And the amnesty to players who turn their back on thge ICL doesn't change that one iota. It simply increases the pool of players available for the IPL. If I'm missing something, I'd genuinely like to hear it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I still don't get it. wtf gives the BCCI the right to dictate who players play for in the first place? It's not a case of 'bowing down' to the ICL afaics. More a case of stop acting like a playground bully who's got the biggest kids on his side.
Of course, that's exactly how it is. The BCCI's attitude has not changed one iyota with this "amnesty", the only thing they're doing is trying to lure some more players away from the ICL. Exactly the same thing they did by banning ICL players from official cricket, getting other boards to do the same to whatever extent they were legally empowered to do so, by barring their players from playing for counties who had ICL players on their books, by refusing to invite counties who had ICL players on their books to their invitational tournaments... etc. etc.

Those responsible for the BCCI know only how to act as playground bullies over this affair and many others - but if it destroys the ICL, which is a grave threat to cricket (as would be legitimising tournaments akin to it), I'm not unhappy. While two wrongs don't make a right, from time to time a second wrong does end-up righting a first wrong.

There's precisely nothing that can be done about the BCCI's attitude, because power = more power. It damages the game where some things are concerned, but in the ICL case it should be best for it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I still don't get it. wtf gives the BCCI the right to dictate who players play for in the first place? It's not a case of 'bowing down' to the ICL afaics. More a case of stop acting like a playground bully who's got the biggest kids on his side. And the amnesty to players who turn their back on thge ICL doesn't change that one iota. It simply increases the pool of players available for the IPL. If I'm missing something, I'd genuinely like to hear it.
It does increase the pool and threatens to kill the ICL substantially if not fully which is the advantage from the BCCI side of things. The advantage from the players side of things is that they get to come back to the official fold if they want to. BCCI wouldn't make a move without having some thing to garner for it, rest assured. It is a good move, nonethless.