• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussies lack of a back up batsmen grrr

brockley

We did this in s africa last test replaced marcus north with bryce mcgain and lost didn't know bryce could bat so high.
Now we have north 3 failures,only 6 fit batsmen,watson wlking laps,probably will walk laps all series.
Seriously this is a joke,can't play first warm up,can't play 2nd warm up,can't play first test,why is watson still here.
God forbid we have an injury may have to call up bryce mcgain again to bat at 6 :laugh:

Son Of Coco

I've heard strong rumours the only reason Watson's still there is because he's applied for a working holiday visa and will soon be seen pouring pints at a pub in Hampstead Heath.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hope North does ton up. I mean it's only one First Class innings where North has failed. Sure he didn't look flash yesterday but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the first Test or two, if he looks out of his depth and does nothing with the ball, I would bring a guy in.

At least the reserve batsman will have been playing either County Cricket or Australia A.

ripper868

I know this is irrelevant but on the subject of replacements,i remember reading that Shaun Tait is playing for an English county 5th's team or something and will be for the ashes duration, just in case injury strikes Lee, Clark, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Johnson, Bollinger, Warne, McGrath, Gillespie, Lillee and Thompson.