• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia VS INDIA!!!

warrioryohannan

Well India has decided to drop Kaif (unless they change the mind at last moment) who was hopelessly out of form and bring in Bangar. The pitch at centurion is being said to help the spinners, so Bhajji and Kumble may have a big role in the game.

Indian lineup will most probably like

Sachin
Ganguly
Sehwag
Dravid
Yuvraj
Mongia
Bangar
Khan
Harb
Kumble
Srinath.

The top 4 batters got to fire really, otherwise it could be a onesided match.
8D

Kimbo

I reckon that India could lift against Aussie. Can't say they will win, but I get the feeling a couple of their batsmen may fire tonight.

Kimbo

I was wrong. India just get worse and worse...

I thought it would be a decent game for some illogical reason (class never dies) however I am not going to waste valuable sleeping time on this one.

78-6. Tendulkar gone, Kim gone to bed...:yawn:

Simon

WCC Staff
this game is a farce, i hope hayden and gilly go out and bat like they did against england in the 2nd vb series final

full_length

What, did you go and bowl for Australia?

Australia were awesome. The Indian batting was insipid. They've got no self-confidence. It's not a matter of form as I can see it. They need a couple of people to fire for them. The pitch was not at fault at all for this one. From what one could make out , it was a good pitch. Infact India had everything going for them. Australia were batting second on a good pitch but one that will probably slow down. Aussies were visibly nervous to start with and Sachin went with the old plan- hit McGrath. Why, even the SA crowd is behind us. This is dissapointing and it's got little to do with Australia really. Even England could surprise us if this goes on.

Reg. the Aussies, impressive spirit. They didnt relax till Mongia was accounted for. Gillespie's concentration in his 8th 9th overs were something to see. The most surprising thing for me is Ponting's captaincy. Good going Punter. Hogg's interesting, but once people get used to his wrong un, he's not a problem. His stock deliveries were read easily by Bhajji.

And a word for Harbhajan- he rocks!

Rik

You can allways rely on Harbajan to do something interisting.

As for "Even England could beat us", even before the NZ Tour both teams were just about equal.

Rik

...and Ganguly's poor run continues...I'll see if I can find out his scores of late, this is just getting worse and worse. I remember when a captain in the 1980s dropped himself because of bad form, Hussain nearly did but it was really a bad summer for him, nothing else. Ganguly can say that he's dissapointed with the batting till he's blue in the face but seriously how are the other batsmen supposed to listen to him when he gets a scratchy 8 or 9 then gives his wicket away?

royGilchrist

full_length...
They've got no self-confidence.
For once I agree with FL, its not about talent or form, its about self-confidence with the Indian team, one could see that in the Ind/Holland match. But I have said this a million times before and will say it again, Laxman is by far the best Indian batsman in the face of extreme adversity, and in a match like this he is a must. Dravid is a distant second in this category in my opinion. And one can almost always count on tendulkar to fail in exterme adversity, or atleast leave the task unfinished.

Ironically neither the Pak captain nor the Indian cap deserve a place in their respective sides, they both need some big time surge in their performance, becasue from what they have shown till now they are blocking the place of someone better (Saqi, Laxman).

V Reddy

Well this team is playing hopelessly now. They can't seem to forget NZ. Will they even beat Zim now? Ok England are playing tomorrow. I heard that Nasser was very unhappy that the ECB has apologised on his behalf to Speed and that he is thinking about retirement. Why did the ECB do that? Anyway now i am rooting for Eng as India doesn't look like qualifying.

Rik

vishnureddy said:
Anyway now i am rooting for Eng as India doesn't look like qualifying.
Whatever happened to India winning the cup? ;)

India have a better chance than England as they have the chance to beat Zimbabwe and qualify, while England already have lost their chance to get those points.

I agree about the apology bit, there was no need to apologise for anything.

Bazza

royGilchrist said:
For once I agree with FL, its not about talent or form, its about self-confidence with the Indian team, one could see that in the Ind/Holland match.
Some people might suggest that form and confidence are very closely related.

V Reddy

Rik said:

India have a better chance than England as they have the chance to beat Zimbabwe and qualify, while England already have lost their chance to get those points.

I never said that India will win.I thought that either Ind or Pak will enter final and also said that either India/Pak will be the biggest flops. Its turning out to be India.I even said after that NZ series that India may not even qualify to the super six. Also there was a thread about which match are you looking forward to and i said India and Holland b'coz if Indian Batsman play well there then India will definately reach Semis but they didn't . My first big post :yawn: . I am not supporting Eng b'coz of that but b'coz its my second fav team.

Anil

Rik said:

Don't you want England to win the cup? India winning the cup is(or more correctly was) a dream for Indian fans and we mistakenly believed that it was a dream for the Indian players too. The dream had developed a few holes after the NZ tour, but it was still holding itself together. Now, needless to say, the pieces are falling off quite fast.

England not going to Zim gives them the 4 points but no addition to the NRR, but in this form, India will go to Zim, grant them the 4 points as well as add to an already healthy NRR. Also, right now, India don't stand a chance against either England or Pakistan.

Rik

anilramavarma said:
Don't you want England to win the cup?
I would dearly love England to win the World Cup but even before we lost the 4 points from the Zimbabwe match, England prevailing would have been a tough ask. When you have teams like South Africa and Australia in the World Cup then what chance have England got of winning? Anyway after loosing those 4 points England will have to beat Pakistan or Australia to go through...

Anil

Rik said:
I would dearly love England to win the World Cup but even before we lost the 4 points from the Zimbabwe match, England prevailing would have been a tough ask. When you have teams like South Africa and Australia in the World Cup then what chance have England got of winning? Anyway after loosing those 4 points England will have to beat Pakistan or Australia to go through...
When you want your team to win, you want them to win irrespective of the opposition, the ground, the conditions.....Analysing possibilities is a different way of looking at it and you don't always end up with the same results. For instance, when I analysed India's chances even before the NZ tour, I never could see beyond a semifinal berth. Now, even without much analysis, I can see a very, very possible first round exit. I still want them to win the cup though. See the difference?

Rik

anilramavarma said:
When you want your team to win, you want them to win irrespective of the opposition, the ground, the conditions.....Analysing possibilities is a different way of looking at it and you don't always end up with the same results. For instance, when I analysed India's chances even before the NZ tour, I never could see beyond a semifinal berth. Now, even without much analysis, I can see a very, very possible first round exit. I still want them to win the cup though. See the difference?
Yes but not only would I like to see England win, but I'm also being realistic.