• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bad relatives

social

In the spirit of Christmas, this is a thread where you can vent your spleen at those people who owe their presence in your life to a flaw in the gene pool or bad choices made by those to whom you are related.

First nominee is my step mother-in-law

Saw her today for the first time in many years and, as usual, she completely ignored my wife despite having been invited to every family event for the last 16+ years and having failed to respond to every invitation

I used to wonder what her golf buddies would think if they knew we paid her kids' school fees and her husband's outstanding tax bill

Suffice is to say that I got over it years ago

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My Aunty-in-law once started a conversation by saying "I'm not a supporter of the BNP, but you have to admit they have some pretty good ideas."

Also, on a sort of related note, a friend of mine split up from her husband about a year ago. Never really found out why, but was in the pub with her for a Christmas drink the other day, and after getting drunk she revealed that the police raided their house, and seized his laptop...which had loads of indecent images of children saved on the hard drive... So yeah...

Also found out the other day that the vicar that conducted by Grandmother's funeral is now serving a prison sentence for some nasty criminal offence involving young boys.

Merry Christmas everyone!

social

So much so that you're venting on a cricket forum.
Nah, she's just an example.

If I wanted to vent about her I would simply call her husband and tell him what a weak prick he is for continuing to put up with her **** - been done before

Thought was prompted by 2 relatives of mine that we saw on Xmas day

Cant stand each other and have belatedly decided to end the charade