• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BanglaCricket XI v CricketWeb XI

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 3/49

0.1 Bourny to Goff... driven to midoff - misfielded and a sharp run taken.
0.2 Bourny to Cloete... flicked to long leg for an easy single.
0.3 Bourny to Goff... again the wrong line and comfortably worked for a single.
0.4 Bourny to Cloete... defended staunchly off the front foot.
0.5 Bourny to Cloete... more classic defence.
0.6 Bourny to Cloete... CUT! Brilliant diving stop. No run.

Decent first over that. Had some problems with his line initially, but wasn't too expensive in the end.

Now there's another change...
Moderator will work his medium pacers from the other end. Interesting move...

0.1 Moderator to Goff... left alone.
0.2 Moderator to Goff... left alone.
0.3 Moderator to Goff... defended off the back foot.
0.4 Moderator to Goff... BEATEN! On the backfoot and well taken by the 'keeper up to the stumps.
0.5 Moderator to Goff... guided to the left of backward point and a quick run taken.
0.6 Moderator to Goff... flicked to long leg for a single.

CW XI 3/57

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 3/57

Bourny continues...

0.1 to Cloete... guided to 3rd man for 1.
0.2 to Goff... they go for a quick run. DIRECT HIT! This could be close...

We're going to the third umpire. Blewy may be struggling...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 4/58

RED LIGHT! The Captain is gone. Brendon Goff run out for 27. He's a disappointed man.

BJ Goff run out 27 (36)
0 fours
0 sixes

The new man is Ash Chaulk. New to internationals, Chaulk still trying to make that wicketkeeper's role his.

Ash Chaulk
RHB
OD Average: 40.16

Ferd

CWBCC Weekly Times have a reporter at the match, he had a chat with CWXI all-rounder Marc Robbins

Marc, it has been a rather poor start to the match for the CWXI, something you hope to improve on when you come to the crease?

Well obviously losing the 2 wickets in the first over was a bad start, and although the main aim of today is to make money for charity - we still have our professional pride.

As it stands with only 3 down I fully expect Cloete and Goffy to bat as well as we know they can and push us well on top.

That said, they are bowling well, so we cannot rule out losing another wicket or 2.

If that were to happen, I feel confident in my game at the moment after my game for the Reds yesterday, and feel I can go out there and guide us through to a score that we can defend, since I feel our seam attack is beginning to gel quite nicely and I think we could do to their top order what they've done to us.

Of course, today’s not really about the result but for the tsunami disaster affecting Asia as we speak.

It surely is, a cause I have already helped raise thousands of pounds for in my life outside Cricket, but with the money on offer, particularly the CW Bar's pledges, I feel this game can easily add a tremendous of amount of support to the nations affected.

It is a dream of mine that we can help rebuild the Galle stadium and maybe stage a fund raising game there sometime in the future - it would be fantastic to have all the world greats there to reopen it and play another game like today’s in aid of the continual rebuilding process.

Thanks very much Marc.

No worries. By the way I'm charging $10000 for this interview - if you make the cheque out to the disaster fund please.

More interviews to follow during the match!!!

steds

Bank:

Runs = $52,000
Ducks = $4
Wickets = $8,000
Fours = $25,000
Donation from Ferd = $10,000

Total so far = $95,004

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 4/58

0.3 Bourny to Chaulk... defended without much foot movement.
0.4 Bourny to Chaulk... flicked to square leg. No run.
0.5 Bourny to Chaulk... driven into the gap at extra cover and Piranha runs around and fields. A run taken.
0.6 Bourny to Cloete... gives himself room and finds the same gap as Chaulk. Again only a run to be had. No timing.

Excellent wicekt for the BanglaCricket players to get. They're well and truly in control now, and these are still great batting conditions.

Moderator - Maiden.

Bourny - Maiden.

Moderator - 1,lb,0,0,0,1

It's 4/63 after 18 overs and drinks are on the field.
AP Cloete 8 (29) AP Chaulk 1 (10)
Bourny 3-1-7-0
Moderator 3-1-6-0

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 4/63

Bourny (19th) - 3,1,1,0,1,0

20th...
0.1 Moderator to Chaulk... clipped through midwicket! One taken, two, three.
0.2 to Cloete... 1 run to long leg.
0.3 to Chaulk... pulled! Mistimed but they'll get 2 runs for it.
0.4 to Chaulk... 1 run to 3rd man.
0.5 to Cloete... down the wicket... BANG!!! Lofted straight back for FOUR! Cloete has had enough and he's ready to make a move!
0.6 to Cloete... driven to cover. No run.

steds

Bank:

Runs = $96,000
Ducks = $4
Wickets = $8,000
Fours = $25,000

Total so far = $159,004

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 4/75

That was a great over for the home side. They'll look to continue that form now and keep the scoreboard moving sharply.

0.1 Bourny to Chaulk... 1 run to deep midoff.
0.2 to Cloete... no ball and hit to point. No further run.
0.3 to Cloete... flicked over square leg! One run taken and they're back easily for 2.
0.4 to Cloete... DRIVEN GLORIOUSLY!!! Magnificent shot through the covers. The third boundary of the innings! $25 thou.
0.5 to Cloete... CRACK!!! WoW! He just lifted that from outside offstump and it's sailed over longon for SIX!!! Double the pleasure!
0.6 to Cloete... cheeky single to midoff to end the over.

14 runs off that over and now the urgency has seemingly come into play.

It's 4/94.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 4/94

GONE!!! Andrew Cloete has been brilliantly caught by Man at cover. An amazing one-handed grab and Cloete can't believe it. Man can hardly believe it himself! He's staring at the big screen admiring his moment. Brilliant stuff!

AP Cloete c Man b Moderator 30 (41)
2 fours
1 six

CW XI 5/94

steds

Bank:

Runs = $175,000
Ducks = $4
Wickets = $10,000
Fours = $25,000
Donation from CW Bar = $25,000
Donations by Manuel Ramprakash and Chef de Groot = $3

Total so far = $210,007

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 5/94

The ever-steady Marc Robbins is at the wicket. Robbins made his name in crisis situations at the World Cup two seasons ago and will hope to do the same on this day.

Marc Robbins
RHB
OD Average: 27.93

0.2 Moderator to Robbins... defended with a perfect straight bat.
0.3 Moderator to Robbins... left alone cautiously.
0.4 Moderator to Robbins... worked between midwicket and square leg and an easy single taken. He's away.
0.5 Moderator to Chaulk... guided late to third man and a single taken.
0.6 Moderator to Robbins...SHOT! Overpitched outside offstump and smashed through cover point for a boundary. Good intent.

The 100 is up.

CW XI 5/100

Last edited:

steds

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
0.2 Moderator to Robbins... defended with a perfect straight bat.
0.3 Moderator to Robbins... left alone cautiously.
0.4 Moderator to Robbins... worked between midwicket and square leg and an easy single taken. He's away.
0.5 Moderator to Robbins... guided late to third man and a single taken.
0.6 Moderator to Robbins...SHOT! Overpitched outside offstump and smashed through cover point for a boundary. Good intent.

The 100 is up.

CW XI 5/100
he takes single 4th ball of over but faces 5 and 6? :huh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 5/100

Navarene is the new bowler. He replaces Bourny Three 5-0-27-0 with the first bit of spin of the day.

N Navarene
OS
OD Average: 26.00

0.1 to Chaulk... appeal for LBW - hit outside off' - never going to be out.
0.2 to Chaulk... swept powerfully for FOUR! Good intent once more.
0.3 to Chaulk... another appeal! This time it hit him trying to sweep again.
0.4 to Chaulk... and again! Third appeal and third 'no'! Chaulk intent on sweeping.
0.5 to Chaulk... contact this time and a good 2 runs.
0.6 to Chaulk... on the back foot and pushed down the onside of the pitch - no run.

Decent first over, but Chaulk certainly looking to make things happen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 5/106

Now an over after his success, Moderator is out of the attack. Instead it's the legspin of Eshan...

OD Average: 36.00

Eshan's 1st over: 0,1,0,0,0,1

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 5/112

RUN OUT!!! Late cut to short third man stranded halfway down the pitch! Lovely fielding there, but a complete mixup. Chaulk has to go!

AP Chaulk run out 21 (31)
1 four
0 sixes

More trouble... 6/116.

Ferd

Our CWBCC Weekly reporter caught legendry Leg-spinner just before he set off to bat.

Neil, CWXI have sunk to 5/94 and yet over $200,000 have already been raised for the appeal, a success for the victims or a failure for the CWXI?

*Putting pads on* I guess you'd have to say it's a bit of both. Obviously it's great to raise the money but for a team of our quality to be 5/94 on such a good batting track is in all honesty unacceptable.

We have to hope that marc and Ashley can stick around and drag us onwards and upwards back towards respectability before I come in and bludgeon a quick fire fifty

You have been promoted up the order in this match, an opportunity to secure your all-rounder status?

I have done some work on batting over the off-season in Essex, and hopefully I can turn the effort into results in a good cause today. I think all-rounder may be pushing it, mind

You will be heading the bowling attack as well this afternoon, what do you think of the BanglaCricket side?

Well I’ve seen little of them barring the videos and in nets, but they seem a solid outfit. Nothing special, but not to be under-estimated

Thanks for your time Neil!

My pleasure
*Goes into intensely focused pre-batting mood*

The CWBCC Weekly Times have also donated $10,000 for each interview conducted today!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cw Xi 6/116

Neil Pickup is the new batsman. He's been listed at number 8 in this lineup, but I'm sure Goff had no intention of seeing him in the middle! Still, the decision was made and it's all in good fun.

Neil Pickup
RHB
OD Average: 7.88

0.5 to Pickup... THE PADDLE SWEEP! He's broken out the paddle sweep and gets off the mark with a single! Amazing!

0.6 to Robbins... defended to the bowler.

steds

Bank:

Runs = $186,000
Ducks = $4
Wickets = $12,000
Fours = $125,000
sixes = $50,000
Donation = $35,003(more to come)

Total so far = $406,007