• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh V Kenya!

V Reddy

Well it was an expected win but they must be slightly dissappointed that they didn't beat them convincingly. I was dissappointed with Kenya's batting as i have seen them making 347/3 against the Ban . But good to see they qualified. Now the ICC must make sure they atleast play in County or A tours.

Rik

I hope they reward Kenya by letting them play ODIs against the top nations more often and a place in the South African 1st class competition to help players keep in form and also when the International players are called up then younger players can play in their places...

Langeveldt

Soutie
I suppose in an ideal world we would have Namibia and Kenya playing in the Standard Bank cup in South Africa and Bangladesh playing in India's Ranji trophy (If it is called that any more).

Rik

Or Bangladesh in Pakistan's? Actually, it's not well organised...I'll stick with yours.

nibbs

Kenya making it to the Super Six is a joke. I'm not very impressed :!( :!( :!(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Muzza said:
Tough luck. And if England fail to qualify, they will get as much sympathy from me as New Zealand do.

Rik

Muzza said:
What's so wrong with it? They deserve it. Even without the points NZ gave them they would have been 3rd or 4th...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You forget, they shouldn't be here, because they might knock out a Test nation.

While we're at it, why don't we just have a last eight knock-out...

Anyway, how about Holland, Denmark, Scotland and Ireland into the NUL - 22 teams, 6+8+8 or 7+7+8.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
You forget, they shouldn't be here, because they might knock out a Test nation.

While we're at it, why don't we just have a last eight knock-out...

Anyway, how about Holland, Denmark, Scotland and Ireland into the NUL - 22 teams, 6+8+8 or 7+7+8.

Great Idea, but wheres the money or the organization?

I am annoyed because Zimbabwe and Kenya could be into the super six, and its not a reflection of how they have done on the field, but because people have forfeited matches against them

If NZ dont go through, that will be a blow, they were awesome against SA, and I want SA to go through for obvious reasons..

As I have said, we could a Kenya v Zimbabwe final at Geneva with Kofi Annan umpiring :lol:

krkode

Kenya making it through makes it that much more easier for the teams from Pool A...but I guess, they're not a team to be underestimated after what they did to SL...

Looks like things worked out for Sri Lanka and Kenya as they make it through, despite the upset, good for SL it won't matter THAT much...except they'lll be deprived of 4 super six points.

It's between SA and NZ too, both teams that deserve to be in the SS, if you ask me. NZ play Canada, SA play Sri Lanka...:wow: It's time to step up...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
I am annoyed because Zimbabwe and Kenya could be into the super six, and its not a reflection of how they have done on the field, but because people have forfeited matches against them
Erm, Kenya beat Sri Lanka - pretty good achievement if you ask me.

As for Zim, they're not there yet, and have to beat Pak to have a chance IMO, whic may not be that easy.

Simon

WCC Staff
any team that makes the super 6 stage deserves it. Kenya have beaten all the teams (bar 1) that have been in put in front of them so far and to me that suggests that they should be in the next round.

Kimbo

broncoman said:
any team that makes the super 6 stage deserves it. Kenya have beaten all the teams (bar 1) that have been in put in front of them so far and to me that suggests that they should be in the next round.
Yes they certainly hammered New Zealand.

krkode

Now, I might not necessarily feel this emotion considering the fact that my team has already made it into the super six, but don't you think NZ's not playing Kenya has now caused some other very deserving teams to not make it through?

Bazza

Yes.

OK Kenya beat Sri Lanka but I still say they wouldn't have beaten New Zealand, they lost to South Africa and will lose to WI. They don't deserve a SS spot.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bazza said:
Yes.

OK Kenya beat Sri Lanka but I still say they wouldn't have beaten New Zealand, they lost to South Africa and will lose to WI. They don't deserve a SS spot.
At the end of the day, New Zealand chose not to go to Kenya (in the same way that England chose not to go to Zimbabwe). It was their decision - and if either or both teams don't make it, that's tough luck in my book. Besides, you are assuming that New Zealand would have beaten them.