• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barcelona

Scaly piscine

Yes, I'm afraid ISIS and other such violent neanderthals are the ones who are following the destructive cult of Islam more closely than the moderates.

The 'moderates' or more typical Muslims are basically a halfway house between depraved barbarity and logical human decency. They are moderating Islam with their own moral standards. How much of Islam they ignore and what they ignore obviously varies. Still plenty of Muslims are homophobic, but moderates may have an apologist stance for when fellow cultists are busy throwing gays off buildings whereas they wouldn't do it themselves. Just as most of those supporting the Nazis didn't go around gassing Jews. But the statistics for Muslims agreeing or supporting such barbarism are undoubtedly scary.

Ultimately Islam is a fundamentally evil and destructive movement. In-breeding, extreme homophobia, death for apostasy, misogyny, anti-education and anti-reasoning, lack of freedoms, corruption, paedophilia. They are all characteristics of Muslim countries. It will remain that way until Islam is wiped out or heavily reformed. Islam is a regressive culture. It is a warmongering religion.

Christianity has at least evolved to be more peaceful after the Hollywood-style rewrite and the Old Testament being kind of swept under the carpet.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes, I'm afraid ISIS and other such violent neanderthals are the ones who are following the destructive cult of Islam more closely than the moderates.

The 'moderates' or more typical Muslims are basically a halfway house between depraved barbarity and logical human decency. They are moderating Islam with their own moral standards. How much of Islam they ignore and what they ignore obviously varies. Still plenty of Muslims are homophobic, but moderates may have an apologist stance for when fellow cultists are busy throwing gays off buildings whereas they wouldn't do it themselves. Just as most of those supporting the Nazis didn't go around gassing Jews. But the statistics for Muslims agreeing or supporting such barbarism are undoubtedly scary.

Ultimately Islam is a fundamentally evil and destructive movement. In-breeding, extreme homophobia, death for apostasy, misogyny, anti-education and anti-reasoning, lack of freedoms, corruption, paedophilia. They are all characteristics of Muslim countries. It will remain that way until Islam is wiped out or heavily reformed. Islam is a regressive culture. It is a warmongering religion.

Christianity has at least evolved to be more peaceful after the Hollywood-style rewrite and the Old Testament being kind of swept under the carpet.
Thanks for the casual encouragement of genocide, you seem like such a great and proper person who deserves political power.

hendrix

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Munificent_Fool

The 'moderates' or more typical Muslims are basically a halfway house between depraved barbarity and logical human decency.
They're really not. Moderate Muslims when asked are pretty outspokenly averse to groups like ISIS and other purveyors of barbarism, for a variety of reasons. Some of which, like that it's perversion of the faith, I don't agree with, but that they are opposed to barbarism in general is pretty clear.

It's slanderous to say otherwise.

hendrix

They're really not. Moderate Muslims when asked are pretty outspokenly averse to groups like ISIS and other purveyors of barbarism, for a variety of reasons. Some of which, like that it's perversion of the faith, I don't agree with, but that they are opposed to barbarism in general is pretty clear.

A lot of them say thing like "they are not Muslims" which is obviously not true. It's a deeply embarrassing thing for most of them and they obviously want to dissociate themselves from it as much as possible.

It's similar to politics in the region as well. People just straight up reject even having an opinion on things because of how fed up they are. I know we don't think our politicians are model citizens or anything, but we can call out corruption when we see it. Over there there's just this overwhelming, choking cynicism. There's also the enduring tribalism that's a big factor in driving nepotism, which further erodes credibility. IMO those are some of the most critical factors in driving religious radicalisation.

Scaly piscine

Thanks for the casual encouragement of genocide, you seem like such a great and proper person who deserves political power.
Thanks for demonstrating that you can't read.

Whilst Islam exists in its present form it will continue to bring death and misery to billions. Moreso to Muslims themselves than everyone else, whilst there have been atrocities regularly committed in recent times the qualify of life for a typical person in a more secular, developed country is vastly superior to that in an Islamic country. It will continue that way because it's part of the Islamic culture, it's a regressive and warmongering religion. Conversely Judaism is a more progressive religion in general, although it still has more barbaric practices like male genital mutilation whilst kosher slaughter isn't good either. Compare the progress made by a relatively tiny number of Jews, to that of a huge population of Muslims.

The problem is not Muslims exactly, most of them are regular people who've been indoctrinated into an evil barbaric cult. The problem is Islam, the religion. It needs to be revised from the inside, and you need to keep Islam at arms length whilst talking freely about it and its problems. Large populations of Muslims coming from shitholes will mean an unacceptably small percentage will assimilate to more civilised countries. The influx has to be controlled and kept manageable.

Scaly piscine

There's more than just ISIS. There's attitudes towards gays, attitudes towards people who 'mock' the murdering looting paedophile, other 'blasphemy' or apostasy, anti-semitism, misogyny, incest. An awful lot of moderate Muslims will have a distasteful view one or more of those issues.

Munificent_Fool

There's attitudes towards gays,
Conservative christians?

attitudes towards people who 'mock' the murdering looting paedophile,
Conservative christians vis a vis their idols? Jews, theirs?

apostasy,
Yeah, I'll give you that one.

anti-semitism,
Conservative christians? lol they practically invented anti-semitism and jew-hating.

misogyny,
Conservative christians? Orthodox Jews?

An awful lot of moderate Muslims will have a distasteful view one or more of those issues.
That's true of most people on the planet...

ankitj

Another terrorist attack and another round of beating around the bush by "liberal" media.

https://www.economist.com/news/euro...ches-cracks-are-already-appearing-post-attack

But the country also needs to think hard about what it offers its immigrants, especially as the second and third generations grow up. Unlike Britain or France, Spain has no ministers or political leaders and scarcely any national-team footballers of immigrant extraction. For Muslim and other immigrants to feel they belong, that will have to change.
Because there have been no terror attacks in Britain or France? Am I the only one sick of such non sequitur analysis? Surely not.

Last edited:

Ausage

Another terrorist attack and another round of beating around the bush by "liberal" media.

https://www.economist.com/news/euro...ches-cracks-are-already-appearing-post-attack

Because there have been no terror attacks in Britain or France? Am I the only one sick of such non sequitur analysis? Surely not.
It's a really really complicated problem though and very difficult to discuss. Look at Scalys posts here. The first one was atrocious, could easily (and would easily) be taken as advocating for a mass murder that'd make Hitler blush. His second post was much more measured, separating the individuals from the ideology. The point is you have one person, with (presumably) one opinion with vastly different conclusions drawn because of the tone and connotation of the words used.

I'm generally pretty critical of the media but I completely understand why the average article struggles to analyse the problem with any rigor. They're right to be exceedingly careful with criticism. The situation warrants it.

What I think we could all do with less of is the "but Christianity/Judaism" that occurs whenever Islam is criticised. It's too easy a way out for people who don't want to look at Islam's problems that don't exist in the same way in the current iterations of other monotheistic religions.

Munificent_Fool

It's a really really complicated problem though and very difficult to discuss. Look at Scalys posts here. The first one was atrocious, could easily (and would easily) be taken as advocating for a mass murder that'd make Hitler blush. His second post was much more measured, separating the individuals from the ideology. The point is you have one person, with (presumably) one opinion with vastly different conclusions drawn because of the tone and connotation of the words used.

I'm generally pretty critical of the media but I completely understand why the average article struggles to analyse the problem with any rigor. They're right to be exceedingly careful with criticism. The situation warrants it.

What I think we could all do with less of is the "but Christianity/Judaism" that occurs whenever Islam is criticised. It's too easy a way out for people who don't want to look at Islam's problems that don't exist in the same way in the current iterations of other monotheistic religions.
Careful, measured criticism, yeah. Masochistic? Nah. Talking about not having immigrant footballers is laughable relative to what's really driving the problem. Takes skill to miss the mark by that much.