• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barcelona

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Horrendous stuff there today.

These van/lorry attacks are horrible. Railings and bollards everywhere before long?

straw man

Another awful act. RIP :(

I hoped attacks from IS sympathisers would peter out as they lost Raqqa and the land they hold. Maybe they yet will - the internet tells me IS still have more land in northern Iraq and Syria than I realised.

straw man

I am surprised there aren't already bollards everywhere across Europe after the previous attacks tbh.

Mike5181

Such a shame. I went to Barcelona a couple of years ago and it's a beautiful place.

Spanish police confirm officers shot and killed four suspects in a separate alleged terror plot south of Barcelona.
Sounds like it could've been a whole lot worse, too.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

I hoped attacks from IS sympathisers would peter out as they lost Raqqa and the land they hold. Maybe they yet will - the internet tells me IS still have more land in northern Iraq and Syria than I realised.
Opposite will happen from all accounts.

Flem274*

123/5
Awful :(

I'd love ISIS to be given a time machine to see what the most famous caliphates were really like. they'd be horrified how chill they were.

straw man

Opposite will happen from all accounts.
Presume you mean as they lose ground they'll become more desperate, which may well be true, whereas I'm thinking of once they've lost it all and maybe dipshits on the other side of the world realise there's no point trying to follow/imitate them any more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Presume you mean as they lose ground they'll become more desperate, which may well be true, whereas I'm thinking of once they've lost it all and maybe dipshits on the other side of the world realise there's no point trying to follow/imitate them any more.
Attacks like these are the only way for them to keep in the headlines and get recruits now that their caliphate is being turned to crumbling dust and rubble. There'll be more of them, especially as some of them filter back to their countries of origin.

hendrix

Attacks like these are the only way for them to keep in the headlines and get recruits now that their caliphate is being turned to crumbling dust and rubble. There'll be more of them, especially as some of them filter back to their countries of origin.
It's not just that.

It's the radicalisation of the whole area. 6+ years of brutal, bloody civil war. Remember that ISIS was the better alternative for many people in the region. And now it's looking increasingly likely that Assad will not face justice.

Another group will pop up, whether it's ISIS or not it doesn't matter.

Scaly piscine

A bit over the top perhaps. But certainly there are some lessons to learn and history repeating itself. The far left allowing in a convicted Palestine terrorist and then trying to claim the Jews are the problem and advising them not to show their faces.

It's like wake the **** up. The crackpot cult called Islam which is a scourge to civilised society wherever it goes - do you think that might be the problem? And the new equivalent generation of Nazi sympathisers - today's far left.