• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beleive it or not this is good weather (but still bad)

Waughney

Had some pretty wild storms here past couple of days (apparently winds reching 140-150km/h, a more reliable source said 130km/h lasting all night)
What's good is that it brought much needed rain (drought's broken and less bush fire hazards)

The bad news is that there's a shed load of trees lying everywhere, people got there houses smashed by falling trees, roofs ripped off, our power was cut off for 2 days, a bit of flooding, banana farms flattened and a fair cost to the community.

(but the droughts broken and school was cancelled)

Anyway, here are a few pictures:
1. The very beginning of the storm....
2. About 40m down the road from my house (road was blocked for 16 hours both ways)
3. One of hundreds of uprooted trees.
4. Some of the damage.
5. The storm did the agricultural industry a bit of harm too (but it still broke the drought)

Attachments

Craig

World Traveller
That's terrible.

We had a lot of rain the other day, when I got up the next day, I looked outside about less then 50m away from our house we had a mini lake from the rain which included the ducks that were swimming in it.