• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Berlusconi

dro87

Just wanted to know what you guys think about Italy's Prime Minister.. What people think about him outside of "il bel paese"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Possibly crooked (allegedly, etc), definitely lecherous, hysterically vain and somehow still in power.

Harry & Paul have a character in their latest series who bares a few similarities to Silvio and shows how he's perceived here at least.

Burgey

I was down filling up the car at the local servo this morning and saw she's on the cover of this month's Men's Style magazine. Still hot at her age. Would in a heart beat.

Wait a minute, this isn't a thread about Monica Belluci!!

Uppercut

Last year an Italian lecturer taught us that, "You can't ever use a fact without referencing it. Unless you're Silvio Berlusconi. Then you can pretty much say whatever you want and everyone will be like 'wow, really?'"

And Dylan Moran described him as the only man in the world so crooked he sleeps on a spiral staircase.

dro87

Harry & Paul have a character in their latest series who bares a few similarities to Silvio and shows how he's perceived here at least.[/QUOTE]

a few? it's Silvio with more hair :D :D very funny ;)

Adamc

Probably fortunate that he seems more interested in being lecherous than fascist most of the time.

dro87

I've personally never voted for Silvio.. But during my most of my life he has been my prime minister. Honestly when i was younger i sort of liked Berlusconi, being: AC Milan chairman, big politician, tv owner, full of ladies, really realy rich... the man to become :laugh:

Today i still don't get how many people don't realize who he is and what he has done and still continue to vote for him. The biggest problem is no other political party has any leader big enough to go against and beat Silvio.. Only person who stands half a chance may be Fini who used to be in his same party-

Probably the Italian goverment will fall in un month time but will we get rid of Berlusconi?

Ausage

His antics are amusing, but it's the kind of thing where I doubt I'd be laughing if he was my PM.

andyc

Preferred your first post, LHC. Original spam post deleted though, mainly just to make you look silly.

dro87

His antics are amusing, but it's the kind of thing where I doubt I'd be laughing if he was my PM.

What would you be doing?
I study political science- but still havent got a clue on how to get rid of Silvio

SJS

One is tempted to say Berlusconi shows what Italians are made of but then one looks at home and realises Indians are not what Manmohan Singh is made of. Surely Italians as a people are far better than this clown and surely Indians as a people (and Indian politicians as a class) would be so much better if only they had some of Manmohan Singh's sterling qualities.

We have a prime minister who is a misfit as a politician (let alone Prime Minister) because he is too good, too straight, too honest and too serious to be a politician and Berlusconi is probably too bad, too crooked, too devious and too much of a clown to be one.

Last edited:

Spikey

You know, there are three things we are never going to get rid of here in Italy. One; the bats in the public library. Two; Mrs. McFierly's compost heap. And three; our six-term prime minister. The illiterate, tax-cheating, wife-swapping, pot-smoking spendocrat, Silvio Berlusconi.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You know, there are three things we are never going to get rid of here in Italy. One; the bats in the public library. Two; Mrs. McFierly's compost heap. And three; our six-term prime minister. The illiterate, tax-cheating, wife-swapping, pot-smoking spendocrat, Silvio Berlusconi.
:laugh: