• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best New Labour Prime Minister

Best New Labour PM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wpdavid

I think Brown handled it well, at least in the immediate aftermath. Sort of subjective though.

He did bang on a lot about how we’d moved past ‘the old boom and bust’. And by all reports he was temperamentally not suited to the job at all. But we’re only comparing him to other PMs so it’s a pretty low bar.
It's hard to see what more Brown could have done in the face of the 2008/09 recession. And one of my bugbears about subsequent generations of labour leadership his how they've completely failed to trash the Tory lies about how the global recession was somehow the fault.of the UK Labour Government of the time.

Beyond that, if it wasn't for the Iraq debacle, Blair would be my favourite PM since I've been voting. Lots of good stuff done, and the only time we've seen some serious investment in the essential public services. But I accept that's a classic case of 'apart from that, how did you find the show Mrs Lincoln'.