• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bit of a stretch isn't it Jonesy?

sqwerty

Jones again expressed his remorse for the "terrorist" remark but said the comment was actually directed at Boje, the bowler, not Amla, the fieldsman, as most had assumed.

"In the long run, I wasn't even really referring to him [Amla]," he said. "What was my comment? And who got the wicket? Amla got the catch, Nicky Boje was the bowler. Just listen to the comment. The terrorist got a wicket. Who got the wicket? I'll leave it up to you to work out who I was referring to."

Not exactly sure why Boje would be a terrorist but anyway.......

Good to have you back DJ

C_C

Dean Jones must think the average cricket fan has the IQ of a potato....
:unsure:

Slow Love™

Hahaha, that's really lame, Deano. Just apologise for what was a stupid remark, and keep your mouth shut.

Gotta love the "I'll leave it up to you to work out who I was referring to." bit. Can anybody come up with a single reason he could have possibly meant Boje? Maybe someone should put Jones on the spot and ask him. He's practically inviting it.

C_C

Slow Love™ said:
Hahaha, that's really lame, Deano. Just apologise for what was a stupid remark, and keep your mouth shut.

Gotta love the "I'll leave it up to you to work out who I was referring to." bit. Can anybody come up with a single reason he could have possibly meant Boje? Maybe someone should put Jones on the spot and ask him. He's practically inviting it.

Maybe Boje has an O' or a Mc somewhere in his name ( i know that many south african player's real names are rarely mentioned) and Deano has bad experiences with the IRA ? :laugh: :laugh:

Dasa

Bit of a stretch indeed....I don't understand why Jones would bring it up again, he's apologised and is commentating again, why make any comments about it?

adharcric

silentstriker said:
I've heard rumors that Boje has been voicing support for the Tamil Tigers during team meetings....
Is that why the Indian police are always after him?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
C_C said:
Maybe Boje has an O' or a Mc somewhere in his name ( i know that many south african player's real names are rarely mentioned) and Deano has bad experiences with the IRA ? :laugh: :laugh:
Many a true word spoken in jest & all that; his real name actually is Nico Boje IIRC. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

sqwerty said:
Jones again expressed his remorse for the "terrorist" remark but said the comment was actually directed at Boje, the bowler, not Amla, the fieldsman, as most had assumed.

"In the long run, I wasn't even really referring to him [Amla]," he said. "What was my comment? And who got the wicket? Amla got the catch, Nicky Boje was the bowler. Just listen to the comment. The terrorist got a wicket. Who got the wicket? I'll leave it up to you to work out who I was referring to."

Not exactly sure why Boje would be a terrorist but anyway.......

Good to have you back DJ
Terrorizing the batsmen, perhaps? Was it a good spell of bowling?

sqwerty

Dasa said:
Bit of a stretch indeed....I don't understand why Jones would bring it up again, he's apologised and is commentating again, why make any comments about it?
Sounds to me like he's pretty comfortable with the fact that he'll still have a job somewhere now and is ready to take the p!ss out of the whole situation.

Bit Cokky but that's Jones I guess.

sqwerty

Slow Love™ said:

That would be funny..............I'd love to see Boje come out and take HUGE offence and blow it up into something worse than if it was Amla

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sqwerty said:
That would be funny..............I'd love to see Boje come out and take HUGE offence and blow it up into something worse than if it was Amla
Lol, that'd be hilarious.

Burgey

Good Lord, as if his initial outburst wasn't bad enough, the day after the ICC makes its announcements about racists getting life bans, he comes out with this dross.

Why would he want to dredge it all up again and make this pitiful excuse? Especially after he originally apologised to............ Amla!!!!

howardj

Slats4ever said:
why are we ruling out the link that he was referring to him as a hand grenade thrower
terrorists exercise a little more stealth and cunning than that.