• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Loganathan to coach CW XI

Mr Mxyzptlk

The CWBCC is pleased to announce that Tharmi Loganathan will be taking up the role of coach of the CW XI until the end of Season XI. His contract will then be reviewed as we head into our offseason tours.

Loganathan - formerly an offspinner by trade - served three seasons in the Development League before he decided to retire and pursue a career in administration and coaching. On first-class debut, he took 4-45 in his first innings for Cricket Web Black against Cricket Web Red - the team he ended his playing career with.

Loganathan finished his FC career with 21 wickets at a price of 29.43. His best haul was 5 for 90. In OD cricket he was less successful, averaging 56 for his 15 wickets with a best of 2 for 31. With the bat he averaged just 6.29 in FC cricket, but found not outs to boost his OD average to 32.80 with a high of 43 not out.

More information soon.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As a member of the U/19 selection panel, it would be hoped that Tharmi can continue his role with the U/19s, as input from the CW XI Senior Coach would be greatly appreciated.

KennyD

Tharmi is cool. Pretty sure he won't just get tired of it and quit like Pratyush and Richard.

Blewy

Yeah good move, Looking forward to working closely with Tharmi to help develop the team and the future of CW Cricket...

Cloete

:laugh: Tharmi, how random.

Top decision though. Will certainly do a good job and I look forward to spending some time with him because I'm sure he'll help me work on my batting while I help him with his spelling :D

Good luck mate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although I do retain some scepticism towards the role of the coach, I am pleased to see we have someone who has proved his credentials in a managerial role in this position.

Can we clarify his duties?

Slats4ever

marc71178 said:
Although I do retain some scepticism towards the role of the coach, I am pleased to see we have someone who has proved his credentials in a managerial role in this position.

Can we clarify his duties?
word

chaminda_00

First of all i would like to thank the CWBCC for opportunity they have given me to coach the national team. I would also like to thank the players for their support and I look forward to working with you all to get CW to the top of International Cricket in both forms.

For Marc, Ian and Dravid the following are technically my roles as coach:

1. Member of the CW XI and CW 'A' Selection Panel.
2. Co-ordination of training camps.
3. Media interaction.
4. Tactical work with the captain.

But as we all know in sim based game such as this it is not possible to do technical regardless, of how bad Andy hook shot has been of late. But when it comes to international cricket the role of coach is not necessary to train players in the technical side of batting and bowling. Most players that come into International Cricket are already efficient in their technique.

So I see my role as more of a player management role. Where it is my responsibility find players that I believe have the potential to take CW to the next level, which im already going at Under 19 level. Secondly to make sure all players know their role within the side, to reach their full potential.

In saying that the role and responsibility of the national coach it yet to be completely detailed, but this will be the way I’ll be tackling the role. Im sure over time my role will change over time. Also im more then willing to take on thoughts of the playing group, about what role they want from the coach. As both our main objectives are the same, to get CW to the top of International Cricket

I would also like to officially state that I would like to continue my role on the Under 19 Board. I feel it would be more of an advantage, then a burden on my responsibility as national coach, to continue my role on the board. It would also be an advantage to young players, to have a similar face when they make their progression to the national team. It not uncommon for small countries such as yourselves to have the national coach, also have a similar role at youth level.

Perm

Looking forward to hearing all the good things that come out of this appointment, congratulations and good luck mate.

Robertinho

Will be interesting. Hey Camps, when do you think you'll be able to update CW Contracts, ODI stats, etc? It's been a while.