• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Loganathan to coach CW XI

David

International 12th Man
Looking forward to working with the Tharmster.

You still going to be playing grade?

chaminda_00

David said:
Looking forward to working with the Tharmster.

You still going to be playing grade?
Yeah when the national team not playing, so i'll be out from now (after the current round been simmed) till the 2nd November.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Although I do retain some scepticism towards the role of the coach, I am pleased to see we have someone who has proved his credentials in a managerial role in this position.

Can we clarify his duties?
To add to and clarify a bit what Tharmi said above, the coach will:

1. serve on the Selection Panel and (subject to confirmation by the CWBCC) will have a vote.
2. play a major role in keeping discipline (adherence to rules) within the CW XI.
3. monitor domestic players, along with his coaching staff (to be named by Tharmi).
4. assess the performance of the team during and following each series.
5. work with the CW XI captain to prepare tactics, which may involve altering the batting lineup.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Robertinho said:
Will be interesting. Hey Camps, when do you think you'll be able to update CW Contracts, ODI stats, etc? It's been a while.
International stats will hopefully be up to date by the start of the Zimbabwe series tomorrow.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Will be interesting. Hey Camps, when do you think you'll be able to update CW Contracts, ODI stats, etc? It's been a while.
One would expect the contracts will be updated when these run out (ie at the end of the season)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
monitor domestic players, along with his coaching staff (to be named by Tharmi).
Will there be any restrictions on who he selects as coaching staff, and if selected will they then be in attendance at the games and thus unavailable to play in whatever level of the game they play?

new_age_ar

Well done to Tharmi on your appointment, im sure you'll do a great job. Looking forward to working with you at Test level, hopefully.

Mister Wright

I'd like to encourage Tharmi to express any opinions or suggestions he has on any Colts players. For example, if he'd like to see a player bat somewhere else in the order to see how they go, or if he'd like to see someone bowl. Of course we will have the final say in how the teami s selected, but if he feels he would like to see something different we welcome his suggestions.

I'd personally like to welcome him to the role and I'm sure he will do a fine job.

chaminda_00

Mister Wright said:
I'd like to encourage Tharmi to express any opinions or suggestions he has on any Colts players. For example, if he'd like to see a player bat somewhere else in the order to see how they go, or if he'd like to see someone bowl. Of course we will have the final say in how the teami s selected, but if he feels he would like to see something different we welcome his suggestions.

I'd personally like to welcome him to the role and I'm sure he will do a fine job.
Thanks for the support, personally i think you and Colts management team are doing a good job with the players you have on board. I'll keep your suggestion in mind for the future, i don't think there is anything that i can really suggest ATM for you to change or look at.

Maybe giving Hancock an extended run in ODs, i remember early in the season he was dropped. IMO his one of the most talented players in the country, as shown by his selection for ODIs last season. His probably one of those players that could take both your game and Cricket Web game to another level. But at the end of the day if his not performing then its your call.

Also i'll like to see Tarick continue his role at number 4 in ODs, he really has developed into a quality all rounder this season and batting at 4 probably gives him his best oppurtunity for future honours.

chaminda_00

Loganathan stays loyal to old coaching staff

On the eve of the 1st ODI against Zimbabwe newly appointed national coach Tharmi Loganathan has just announced the coaching staff he feel with help him guide the Webheads to the top of International Cricket. Loganathan has decided to stay loyal to three of former national coach Pratyush coaching staff, re-appointing Physiotherapist: Irving Smith (Barbadian), Trainer: Janik Teague (British) and Psychiatrist: Sarah Machiado (British). Loganathan has chosen to re-appoint these three coaches, after their success relationship with Loganathan whilst with the Under 19s.

With former assistant coach close friend of Pratyush, Australian Johnson Carson back in Western Australia coaching grade cricket side University. Loganathan has decided to appointed former Dutch International and Sri Lanka First Class player Flavian Aponso. Aponso and Loganathan both worked together during the past couple off seasons with the Dutch Cricket Academy. Both parties look to continue their successful partnership, as look develop CricketWeb into a major force in International Cricket.

CricketWeb Coaching Staff:

Head Coach: Tharmi Loganthan (CricketWeb)
Assistant Coach: Flavian Aponso (Dutch)
Physiotherapist: Irving Smith (Barbadian)
Trainer: Janik Teague (British)
Psychiatrist: Sarah Machiado (British)