• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bruce Springsteen albums

wpdavid

I'm after some advice here. Having read his autobiography, I was wondering which of his albums people recommend since 'Born in the USA'.

fredfertang

Tunnel of Love is okay, but the Boss set the bar far too high in his early days for any of the later stuff to really stand comparison with his first few albums

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Ghost of Tom Joad for me, although Nebraska would be a close second.

As awesome as the E - Street Band are I've always preferred The Boss in stripped down acoustic mode. For a Springsteen "rock" album you can't go past Born to Run though.

wpdavid

Thank you.

As I already have his 'Best of' compilation, I'm assuming that I already have the stand out tracks from 'Born to Run' and 'Born in the USA'
And I do already have 'Darkness' on vinyl.

Actually, a better question would have been what else apart from those three? Maybe 'The river' needs a listening to?