• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can a boy and girl be just friends?

pup11

Ok guys this is something serious i want to discuss with you, i need some advice from you guys on this, so there is this girl Celine who i have been friends with since 2nd grade and she has been my best friend ever since, without her my life would have been a mess, whenever i needed a true friend she was always there for me, there is nothing i would hesitate to talk to her about and its the same with her, now 2 weeks ago she told me she was moving out of her parent's house this May and moving in with her boyfriend who she has been dating for the last 8 months, now when she told me this, i was happy for her and everything, but slowly i realised that she is going away and the magnitude of the whole situation hit me, now i don't know how to explain this but since then i feel pretty agitated, after this incident she called me few times but i didn't answer her calls and when she came to my place to check whether i was alright i just told her to leave me alone (in a rude manner, which i so badly regret now), i have never felt this way for anyone and i don't know what to do, is this love or something else??I just don't have enough courage to go up-to her and tell her what i feel about her, i am discussing this with you guys because, i can't talk about this with my friends here, as both myself and Celine mostly have common friends, so i can't take the risk of somebody from them going and telling her about all this, so guys do you any suggestions as to what i should about this, because in the last few days i have realised that my life probably would never be good without her.

andyc

Sounds to me like you're in to her. Wouldn't tell her that though if you want to remain friends, given that she already has a boyfriend

pup11

Sounds to me like you're in to her. Wouldn't tell her that though if you want to remain friends, given that she already has a boyfriend
Yeah i guess i am a bit too late, i am such a ****ing moron, all these years when she was there for me as a friend i took her for granted, for all she did for me i didn't even thank her once, i mean i deserve this, i should have realised this a long time ago that how much she meant to me, but i was too busy fooling around with stupid girls for whom i had no feelings whatsoever.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just tell her how you feel. It's better than cutting yourself up wondering about it for ****ing ages and then losing the opportunity completely. Either be happy or unhappy, never be in the middle. You're meant to feel, not be detached.

GotSpin

Sorry, but it sounds like your way too late and if you tell her things might get a little awkward, especially when she has a long term boyfriend

pup11

One piece of advice, never listen to what cameron says.
No mate i don't see much wrong in what Cameron said on this occassion, i can't be selfish she is happy with the guy she is dating, she has made her plans to move in with him and i don't have any right to go to her and upset her with all this, in the end i just want her to be happy no matter who she is with.

Googenheim

She's been dating someone for 8 months, and you're only realising your need for her now that she's moving in with another guy(and presumably away from you?). I say, if you were in love with her, you'd have felt as you do now 8 months back itself. You might just be panicking at losing a best friend. Heck, I know the feeling, sort of. My best friend is a guy, and I felt like I lost him when he got married last year. And no, I'm not gay. Just because you feel the same pangs of seperation for a girl instead of a guy doesnt mean you have the hots for her. It could just be sadness at losing a good friend you could confide in.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
No mate i don't see much wrong in what Cameron said on this occassion, i can't be selfish she is happy with the guy she is dating, she has made her plans to move in with him and i don't have any right to go to her and upset her with all this, in the end i just want her to be happy no matter who she is with.
That was a comment just to annoy Cameron, nothing else but that.

Anyway mate its a dilemma for you as she has moved on. I won't say go and tell her how u feel and stuff as i know its easy said than done. It can be an extremely difficult situation in you losing your very good mate, but sometimes if you really want something you gotta make it happen.

pup11

She's been dating someone for 8 months, and you're only realising your need for her now that she's moving in with another guy(and presumably away from you?). I say, if you were in love with her, you'd have felt as you do now 8 months back itself. You might just be panicking at losing a best friend. Heck, I know the feeling, sort of. My best friend is a guy, and I felt like I lost him when he got married last year. And no, I'm not gay. Just because you feel the same pangs of seperation for a girl instead of a guy doesnt mean you have the hots for her. It could just be sadness at losing a good friend you could confide in.
I just never thought she was really serious about this guy, but when she told me she is going to move in with him it just made me think and i realised (how much she really means to me and how i much i love her), since then i have had this serious behavioural change, i get irritated pretty quickly, i haven't stepped a foot outside my apartment in the last two days, my whole place is a mess, beer cans, clothes, food everything is lying all over the place and i don't feel like doing anything, to cut the long story short i am really ****ed up atm, so i don't think its just sadness.

Mister Wright

Just tell her man, sounds like you've been a prick already. At least she'd understand why. Let her make the decision. Tell her you can still be friends if she doesn't feel the same way. Don't die wondering imo.

Agent TBY

The entire "I don't want to lose a friend" aspect is over-rated, IMO. She should know how you feel about her first, saving the friendship comes later.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You could use your influence to sabotage the relationship. :p Document it here, and it'll be known as the Pup Attack.