• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cape Town Tests

cpnend

I hope to go to South Africa and watch England play for my 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I've checked our last 3 tours to SA and on each of them the Cape Town test starts on January 2nd.

Does anyone know if this is the traditional date for that test match or whether its just a coincidence.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a tradition, but not one that's always able to be kept.

Basically, SA like to play a Newlands (Cape Town) Test on 2-6 Jan wherever possible. They can't always, however. When England are involved, though, they always have been so far since readmission.

cpnend

Doris has been told all about Cable Mountain, the scenery, the cruises, beaches with just a deniable hint of diamonds thrown in. The cricket bit is a surprise :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
It should be pointed out that in the case of martial advice going wrong, CW is not to be held accountable.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Make sure you go up via the Tablecar.. Its a bit of a rip off pricewise though...

Take her to Stellenbosch and Franschoek too... Absolutely stunning, bound to get a root out of it :detective

cpnend

Top tip from my missus is that you mustn't get too miserable if England perform badly. That way, you might just get away with it.
What do you mean 'if' lol.

Anyway, she'll probably cheer the wrong side.
She's just been watching KP against India and was convinced that his name was 'ODI Career' !

wpdavid

What do you mean 'if' lol.
Well, quite. Nowadays, I'm not allowed to watch the cricket if we're playing on Boxing Day, after a prolonged sulk during a particularly feeble performance in Zimbabwe about 10 years ago. Maybe you're more mature about these things than I am though.

Anyway, she'll probably cheer the wrong side.
She's just been watching KP against India and was convinced that his name was 'ODI Career' !
She's have thought he had a few other names if she was watching the game with me tonight.