• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Career advice

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Looks like I'll end up coming out of my commerce degree with a major in accounting (if I come out it at all).

Should I skip 20 years, have my mid-life crisis now and become a drama teacher?

Son Of Coco

Looks like I'll end up coming out of my commerce degree with a major in accounting (if I come out it at all).

Should I skip 20 years, have my mid-life crisis now and become a drama teacher?
So you're telling me the last few years of my thinking you had a personality has all just been one big con job?

If you're going to go on with it I suggest you jettison all remaining social skills, get a mental disorder, and put a large centrefold of a calculator in a bikini on your bedroom roof.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Perm you should start writing some better articles on Cricket Web tbh.

Haven't seen a decent thread from you since your tribute to Gilly back at the start of the year. :dry:

Good luck.

Perm

Perm you should start writing some better articles on Cricket Web tbh.

Haven't seen a decent thread from you since your tribute to Gilly back at the start of the year. :dry:

Good luck.
Haven't written for CW since the start of the year tbf, but am planning to get back into it.

Also, can't remember you making a decent post since you signed up itbt.

Craig

World Traveller
Doesn't matter what field you are in, it's not what you know, it's who you know/blow
Are you living proof of that then? :ph34r:

Just kidding, it is true contacts do help a lot, I have gained employment through people I knew and it was just a phone call and I was told to start Thursday, no interview required.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haven't written for CW since the start of the year tbf, but am planning to get back into it.

Also, can't remember you making a decent post since you signed up itbt.
Your response really doesn't bode well for your future as a journalist, you'll receive plenty of criticism and I don't think you handle it well on here.

Perhaps this is your escapism and you are just mucking around, I'm not sure.

Get off the drugs too.

Retox

It's good to know that if Perm ever becomes famous we have those pictures he posted (you know the ones) so we can bribe him

Son Of Coco

Your response really doesn't bode well for your future as a journalist, you'll receive plenty of criticism and I don't think you handle it well on here.

Perhaps this is your escapism and you are just mucking around, I'm not sure.

Get off the drugs too.
Well...Andrew Bolt made it so there is room for people who don't react well to criticism. I'm interested to see how he dresses up the $50 million fiasco the Libs left behind, he's maintained the rage ever since the time came when he'd no longer be able to get his lips on Johnny Howard.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Definitely get involved and write for your university newspaper about sports, and whatever other issues that you want.

And write some more. And more. After doing a bunch of those, see if a small local newspaper will allow you to do an ed-op piece on a sporting topic. And keep going from there.

You should definitely start now, at least getting involved at your university. Oh, and don't be an idiot and do what I did.

That is, unless you like having every Ethics professor that you'll have for the next three years completely pissed off.
In a commentary in The Triangle last week entitled "Torture Can Be a Moral, Practical Procedure," Manan Shah outlines the case for torture. It's not often that I'm offended by an opinion piece in a newspaper, but Shah's article was one of the most remarkable acts of sophistry ever put into print. I would like to refute all of Shah's arguments, but unfortunately a 1250-word limit prohibits me from doing so.

:lol:

Woodster

Doing my ECB coaching badges (Level 2)later this year, and if I prove myself well equipped enough, get some experience and then I plan to have a go at level 3. What are coaching opportunities like in other countries ?

Son Of Coco

Doing my ECB coaching badges (Level 2)later this year, and if I prove myself well equipped enough, get some experience and then I plan to have a go at level 3. What are coaching opportunities like in other countries ?
In Australia we don't accept an English coach under any circumstances. :happy:

Son Of Coco

Isn't your current national team coach, Tim Nielsen, a Pom (originally)?
He was born in England, but I think his accent suggests he's been here for a while. I probably should clarify, if you can pull off a decent Australian accent you're in (as long as it doesn't mention a dingo taking your baby).

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He was born in England, but I think his accent suggests he's been here for a while. I probably should clarify, if you can pull off a decent Australian accent you're in (as long as it doesn't mention a dingo taking your baby).
Would be ironic if Neilson's baby was stolen by a dingo. Would lose his job as well.