• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket *Offseason 8-9*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
No it is not the same. We are just hastening the process to get in more matches by simming the seasons faster. We are NOT including unrealistic number of matches per season. So that is perfectly okay.
We're playing three seasons a year, which is more cricket than any cricketer can endure. What's your opinion on that?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What I brought may seem a small point but when we make the sim REALISTIC, we try to do that as much as possible and take it seriously and enjoy the fun of doing that.

This would be a main reason why an off hand comment by Amits showing his support for India and not CW Land got him banned eventually from the CW cricket.

I am not complaining the way the whole CW sim cricket is run. But if I make a point which is a legitimate one, rather than showing immaturity like Sudeep did, its better to discuss it properly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
We're playing three seasons a year, which is more cricket than any cricketer can endure. What's your opinion on that?
Didnt the comment you quoted answer that?

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
What I brought may seem a small point but when we make the sim REALISTIC, we try to do that as much as possible and take it seriously and enjoy the fun of doing that.

This would be a main reason why an off hand comment by Amits showing his support for India and not CW Land got him banned eventually from the CW cricket.

I am not complaining the way the whole CW sim cricket is run. But if I make a point which is a legitimate one, rather than showing immaturity like Sudeep did, its better to discuss it properly.
I didn't show immaturity. You said we're assuming ICC is allowing us to play. I just countered that with why not assume that Australian sides want us to play for them too? I don't see why we should differentiate between ICC and Australian domestic boards.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
We're just trying to bring some sense to Pratyush. :p
Again resorting to hurling an insult showing weakness rather than bringing a point. Poor. A bit more to the level of pathetic now I would say since you have repeatedly done it. :)

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
Didnt the comment you quoted answer that?
No. Absolutely doesn't. You said we play a Test match in a day, so that we can complete a season faster. You said we're not including unrealistic number of matches in one season. But we're including unrealistic number of seasons in one year. Which is why your agruement is nothing but poppycock.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
I didn't show immaturity. You said we're assuming ICC is allowing us to play. I just countered that with why not assume that Australian sides want us to play for them too? I don't see why we should differentiate between ICC and Australian domestic boards.
Immaturity by hurling insults.

Allowed to participate as a nation. Now if we assume Australian sides want us to play as well, we can assume we play 37 a side cricket as well. We can make it as ridiculous as we want. But it wont remain realistic then.

Sudeep

First you say assume ICC allows us to play international cricket. Then you say we sim faster so as to get the matches done quickly, to defy science. Then you justify that it's okay to play three seasons a year, completely ignoring biology. If we can defy so much logic, why not accept that Australia wants us to play? That's where I don't get your point.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
No. Absolutely doesn't. You said we play a Test match in a day, so that we can complete a season faster. You said we're not including unrealistic number of matches in one season. But we're including unrealistic number of seasons in one year. Which is why your agruement is nothing but poppycock.
puppycock? You show lack of maturiy, education by such remarks man.

Yes we sim the seasons faster to play more matches. But it doesnt mean we have more matches in a CW calendar in a particular season of which the matches number is realistic. Which is exactly what I said in that quote.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
First you say assume ICC allows us to play international cricket. Then you say we sim faster so as to get the matches done quickly, to defy science. Then you justify that it's okay to play three seasons a year, completely ignoring biology. If we can defy so much logic, why not accept that Australia wants us to play? That's where I don't get your point.
It really isnt as complicated to understand as you are making it out to be.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
Immaturity by hurling insults.

Allowed to participate as a nation. Now if we assume Australian sides want us to play as well, we can assume we play 37 a side cricket as well. We can make it as ridiculous as we want. But it wont remain realistic then.
Well, ICC allowing a fantasy land play cricket isn't too realistic either. Neither is compressing five days in one, or playing as much cricket as we do.

I didn't exactly hurtle an insult. I was just being sarcastic.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
puppycock? You show lack of maturiy, education by such remarks man.

Yes we sim the seasons faster to play more matches. But it doesnt mean we have more matches in a CW calendar in a particular season of which the matches number is realistic. Which is exactly what I said in that quote.
Poppycock is a synonym for "ridiculous". First get your vocabulary straightened. If you're going to accuse me of throwing insults, when I clearly am not, you should refrain from accusing me of a lack of education.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
We've more seasons in a calendar year than physically possible for a cricketer to play!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Well, ICC allowing a fantasy land play cricket isn't too realistic either. Neither is compressing five days in one, or playing as much cricket as we do.

I didn't exactly hurtle an insult. I was just being sarcastic.
No you hurled an insult to try and win a point. Or tried being sarcastic and failed. I wont go into that.

5 days into 1? no. We say we have completed matches in 5 days not 1 day. If you check the scorecards, they are written as day 1-5.

We just complete the process faster to have more matches. We dont start being unrealistic like we do when we allow players playing in Australia they way they wouldnt take them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
We've more seasons in a calendar year than physically possible for a cricketer to play!
In a CW fantasy calendar year we have as much cricket as it is for a cricketer to play.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
It really isnt as complicated to understand as you are making it out to be.
It's you who are complicating, by saying that you can;t assume Australian sides wanting us to play, when we're defying so many other things.

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
In a CW fantasy calendar year we have as much cricket as it is for a cricketer to play.
In the 7-8 months since I joined CW, we've had two complete first class seasons. Can you imagine two Indian domestic seasons in that much amount of time?

Sudeep

Pratyush said:
No you hurled an insult to try and win a point. Or tried being sarcastic and failed. I wont go into that.

5 days into 1? no. We say we have completed matches in 5 days not 1 day. If you check the scorecards, they are written as day 1-5.

We just complete the process faster to have more matches. We dont start being unrealistic like we do when we allow players playing in Australia they way they wouldnt take them.
So, now we're defying more logic. For a match simmed in one day, we're using five seperate titles for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.