• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Rajeev

open365 said:
How can linking youtube be illegal??

Youtube own copyrights to all of the videos posted on it now, they changed their policies, and so if you youtube host stuff that they have copyrights to, why can't people post a link to it?

Edit: This video has www.cricketweb.net on it, why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5CltgKuIMw&mode=related&search=
You mean to say that they pay each and every provider? No way man, you are mistaken

Try and upload a seinfeld episode or eg., it will be removed immediately after a complaint

No one really cares abt cricket, thus its ok so far..coz with sports, there are different providers so no one really sure abt copyright holder unless they say 'EXCLUSIVE' rights

Slow Love™

open365 said:
How can linking youtube be illegal??

Youtube own copyrights to all of the videos posted on it now, they changed their policies, and so if you youtube host stuff that they have copyrights to, why can't people post a link to it?
I have no opinion as to the legality of linking to Youtube, but I don't know where you're getting the "Youtube owns the copyrights" stuff from, can you elaborate on that? Youtube's copyright help page has the usual provisos:

What is your policy on copyright infringement?

YouTube respects the rights of copyright holders and publishers and requires all members to affirm that they hold the copyright or have permission for the content that they upload. If we receive a notice that content infringes another party's copyright, the member's account may be terminated and the content will be removed from YouTube. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, read Copyright Tips.

What are you doing to prevent copyrighted content from appearing in YouTube?

Since all content on YouTube is posted by our members, we make it clear in our terms of use and at the time of upload that they must own the copyright to the videos they post or have permission from the copyright holder. We take copyright issues very seriously and encourage copyright holders to contact us if they have any objections about specific videos—we will cooperate with them to take down any infringing content immediately. Repeat and flagrant offenders of the terms of use are addressed with proprietary technology.

------------------

What we essentially do when we link from here is trust that the uploader of the file holds the copyright, or rights to the video. I'll say no more than that, 'cause though I think the policy here is a bit arbitary, I don't really want to endanger the ability to link to Youtube in future, as I don't believe we'll get in any trouble doing so.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Oh, lots of pressure here for the skippy, ey?
Gonna let his whole country down now if he fails.
Oh, lots of expectations, fellas.
Come on.
Oh wow, the weight of all these expectations, fellas.
The weight of the country, chaps.
Only 2 million supporters right here.
Depending on Shaun.

open365

Slow Love™ said:
I have no opinion as to the legality of linking to Youtube, but I don't know where you're getting the "Youtube owns the copyrights" stuff from, can you elaborate on that? Youtube's copyright help page has the usual provisos:

What is your policy on copyright infringement?

YouTube respects the rights of copyright holders and publishers and requires all members to affirm that they hold the copyright or have permission for the content that they upload. If we receive a notice that content infringes another party's copyright, the member's account may be terminated and the content will be removed from YouTube. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, read Copyright Tips.

What are you doing to prevent copyrighted content from appearing in YouTube?

Since all content on YouTube is posted by our members, we make it clear in our terms of use and at the time of upload that they must own the copyright to the videos they post or have permission from the copyright holder. We take copyright issues very seriously and encourage copyright holders to contact us if they have any objections about specific videos—we will cooperate with them to take down any infringing content immediately. Repeat and flagrant offenders of the terms of use are addressed with proprietary technology.

------------------

What we essentially do when we link from here is trust that the uploader of the file holds the copyright, or rights to the video. I'll say no more than that, 'cause though I think the policy here is a bit arbitary, I don't really want to endanger the ability to link to Youtube in future, as I don't believe we'll get in any trouble doing so.

It was in a computer magazine last month, now when you post something on you tube, they get full rights to it(not to sure what the specifics are) so say you wrote a song or something, and posted it on youtube, they could steal it and say it was theirs leaggaly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

open365 said:
It was in a computer magazine last month, now when you post something on you tube, they get full rights to it(not to sure what the specifics are) so say you wrote a song or something, and posted it on youtube, they could steal it and say it was theirs leaggaly.
They can't do that if the material is already copyrighted.

Rajeev

So Mr. Mxyzptlk, you still think other sites should be banned here? sine youtube is allowed?

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rajeev said:
So Mr. Mxyzptlk, you still think other sites should be banned here? sine youtube is allowed?
I decline comment on other sites. AFAIC, it's perfectly fine to link YouTube. That's as far as I'm concerned atm.

Alysum

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oh, lots of pressure here for the skippy, ey?
Gonna let his whole country down now if he fails.
Oh, lots of expectations, fellas.
Come on.
Oh wow, the weight of all these expectations, fellas.
The weight of the country, chaps.
Only 2 million supporters right here.
Depending on Shaun.
cheers!

Rajeev

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I decline comment on other sites. AFAIC, it's perfectly fine to link YouTube. That's as far as I'm concerned atm.
In that case, my blog should be allowed too

EDIT: Take a hint mate. Stop whinging, if you don't like the policy then it's wonderfully simple in this day and age.......you can leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanz

marc71178 said:
Probably partly to do with advertising rules on here...
Why do you think he is advertising ? It it because he owns that blogsite and also a member of this forum ?

IMO he is posting a cricketclip link just like the youtube links.

Sanz

superkingdave said:
its up to them who they choose to allow. They choose not to allow your blog.
Ofcourse and in that case they should say so and all this discussion about legal vs. illegal should be put to rest.

Rajeev

Rajeev said:
In that case, my blog should be allowed too

EDIT: Take a hint mate. Stop whinging, if you don't like the policy then it's wonderfully simple in this day and age.......you can leave.
Forget the hint, I felt it was wrong not to allow my blog. Use your MOD power for something else than editing stuff with sarcasm

Sayonara