• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dinner guests

Neptune

‘‘This has probably been done before but selections would obvious change over time.

Nominate your 6 dinner party (or BBQ) guests using the following criteria:

* Your guests can be from any time and don't have to be still alive but must include -
* At least 2 female guests
* At least 1 political figure
* At least 1 cricketer
* At least 1 CW member

It is permissible to kill two birds with one stone - eg Ted Dexter would qualify both as a cricketer and a would-be politician (he contested a seat in the 1964 General Election).“ - Line and Length

Line and Length

Thanks Neptune!

My list comprises:

Helen Mirren - classy, articulate and uninhibited
Maggie Thatcher - either loved or hated but never misunderstood
Burgey - so he could enjoy Maggie's company
Fred Trueman - we could swap bowling stories
Marianne Faithful - the sound of the '60s and still relevant today, also balances the sexes
Spike Milligan - humpour and a touvh of genuine madness

Shady Slim

i’ll roll with

sledger; we have much to discuss
shane warne; the king of spin definitely
thurgood marshall; the man who became the first black judge on the SCOTUS
bernie sanders; the man who reinvigorated my interest in politics when i was growing weary of constant neoliberalism
julia gillard; because nobody should hear sexism and misogyny from that man
maria sharapova; my crush as a kid, warnie’s thirsty

the ones who are unlucky to miss out include wayne gretzky, stalin, gorbachev, hawke, whitlam, keating (any of the three probably come above gillard if not for the requirement, as groundbreaking as julia was)... solid list i would say