• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Season 2-3 Thread

Simon

WCC Staff
Great effort again people.
Round 3 results
Auckland - T Weston
Victoria - G Rabie
Karachi - T Birch
Tasmania - W Adhikari
SA - A Mukund
Titans - W Qadir
West Midlands - G Lance
Karachi - I Schenscher
Queensland - C Donald
WA - P Thompson
NZI - R Wilson
Kandurata - N Blakewell
NSW - D Gamage
SZI - M Cleary
Yorkshire - M Atapattu
Cobras - S Kahl

chaminda_00

Over the moon with Blakewell, was considering getting him first round. Was devo I forgot about him 2nd round. He and Bellson are pretty much the perfect replacements for Samaraweera and Fernando. Now I just have to decide whether I send Blakewell to the academy for some fine tuning or the keeper we get in.

Simon

WCC Staff
Over the moon with Blakewell, was considering getting him first round. Was devo I forgot about him 2nd round. He and Bellson are pretty much the perfect replacements for Samaraweera and Fernando. Now I just have to decide whether I send Blakewell to the academy for some fine tuning or the keeper we get in.
Was going to take Blakewell 1st round as Blewy knows but went for Bhatia second round instead. Just a better balance for my side.

chaminda_00

Was going to take Blakewell 1st round as Blewy knows but went for Bhatia second round instead. Just a better balance for my side.
Yeah I am surprised no one picked him up earlier. Apart from the all rounder that Blewy got first round. Can't think of anyone else that was better in both forms. Experience is a bit low but he is above 20 in each form. Not many top line FC bowlers either, though his s/r highish, but so were Fernando and Samaraweera. Very happy you get through our top seven and then you have Bellson and Blakewell to deal with.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah that is true, but it only means I'd get a retirement rookie who may be quite good, and if he isn't then that means he'll be dropped from the squad, and I won't have to drop someone I may want to keep.

Simon

WCC Staff
Yeah that is true, but it only means I'd get a retirement rookie who may be quite good, and if he isn't then that means he'll be dropped from the squad, and I won't have to drop someone I may want to keep.
Yeh fair point, tbh he was probably the best all round batsman in the draft in that of all the players with a 40+ OD average he had the highest FC average.

chaminda_00

That was my plan with him for last two seasons. The **** lost his gut and got fitter then he has been his whole career. Reckon he could have two more seasons in him. I remember a guy who was 41 and still playing before. Sri Lankan and former Colts players, can't think of his name.

Simon

WCC Staff
I know some people can only get online at work, but for reference sake I'm yet to recieve round 4 picks from these teams. You have until Midday tomorrow Australian Eastern Time.

Victoria
Tasmania

Last edited: