• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Earthquake

Swervy

Did anyone in the UK feel that last night?

I woke up with the bed moving about. In my state of tiredness, I convinced myself it was a ghost, and so didnt get to sleep for ages afterwards.

Stupid plate tectonics

HeathDavisSpeed

I remember I was staying in Leamington Spa in 2000. The Sydney Olympics were on and I was drunk. There was an Earthquake. I thought it was actually a large articulated lorry driving past, as being a Wellingtonian, Earthquakes don't tend to shock me too much.

Swervy

I remember I was staying in Leamington Spa in 2000. The Sydney Olympics were on and I was drunk. There was an Earthquake. I thought it was actually a large articulated lorry driving past, as being a Wellingtonian, Earthquakes don't tend to shock me too much.

no..I can imagine:laugh:

The UK is a country that declares a drought if it hasnt rained for 5 days, the trains stop nationwide if a blade of grass falls on the line, and a state of emergency is declared when a snowflake falls on Ben Nevis

Chubb

I was having a bite to eat after an evening out when I felt the sofa shake beneath me, then I looked at some lemonade in a bottle and it was shaking too. I went into the kitchen and both my housemates had felt it too, so I knew it wasn't the drink. I'm in Norwich which is not that far from the epicentre of it.

I'd never experienced a British earthquake before, though we shouldn't really call it that considering we have posters from Pakistan and New Zealand.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha yeah I felt it, was sat in bed reading, felt like something had rammed into the wall of my house, felt everything shake just the once, then fell asleep not thinking anything of it, only found out it was an earthquake when I woke up and switched on the news this morning.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, would have been asleep. Been making something of an effort to get to bed a bit earlier (ie, 11:30-midnight-ish) of late and thanks to the Fifth ODI have met with unprecedented success.

It might have woken me up (I generally estimate I wake 3 or 4 times per night for a minute or two which I then don't remember) but if so it wasn't severe enough to awake and alert me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Where does Sledger live? I thought he was south coast; shouldn't have felt it that far down. It didn't make it to east Cambs & we're a lot closer to the epicentre.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Where does Sledger live? I thought he was south coast; shouldn't have felt it that far down. It didn't make it to east Cambs & we're a lot closer to the epicentre.
I live about 40 miles away from Reading, only felt one slight shake, but it felt as if something had rammed into the wall of my house, being in a state of tiredness I discounted it as something falling off a shelf in the attic or downstairs, was surprised to wake up and learn there was an earthquake, but sure felt something.

Smudge

It might have served its purpose if I actually had avatars switched on. I've just looked at your profile now as I assumed you would do something as juvenile as that.

It seems I was right.

Barney Rubble

Certainly didn't feel the Earthquake in France. Seems like it was restricted to the North of England.

Tempted to say that the North could collapse into a black hole and no-one in the South would care, but that would obviously be wrong. Obviously. :ph34r: