• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v Denmark

Rich2001

I Hope Brazil get beat by Belgium, unlikly but you never know, that would make our next game slightly easier.

[Edited on 6/15/02 by Rich2001]

Anon2

WHAT!!! Hope Brazil win! Then England get them. That would be too hard! We want easy Belgium!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't think they'll be "Easy Belgium" if they knockout Brazil. Which they could.

GO SENEGAL!
Poor Ireland :cry:

Kimbo

I'm sorry Paul, you seem to have misunderstood... I hope Brazil wins the world cup... or Senegal.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Belgium Beat Brazil ?? haha noooo more like lose 2-0

Go brazil all the way , been my supporting team for ages . Although the defence and mid was so not the greatest. I hope we win against England that way i win the bet against my mate :P

Senegal are on a roll they should easily be able to beat either Turkey or Japan seeing they beat France and Sweden 2 really good teams !

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What's Brazil's defence

GK - Marcos - dodgy
DMR - Cafu
DML - Roberto Carlos - neither are too good defensively
DC - Edmilson, Lucio, Polga - need I say more.

If Belgium had had strikers they would have won. Same for Turkey. If Owen and Heskey run at Brazil we'll win. 2-1. Heskey to be the hero... (can't believe I'm saying this...)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
But look at Brazils mid and forwards , thats there we make up for mistakes

I agree We really needed Taffarel!! and better Defence ( looks a bit crusty at the moment )

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator

Not happy.

We were, to be fair, poor after we scored. That was the only chance we created and that was due to Lucio's screw up. And no, we shouldn't have had any penalties.

Maybe Ronaldinho's goal was a bit jammy (shades of Nayim..), but Brazil were (hurts) the better side over the 90 and deserved to win.

But the whole strikeforce and midfield was awful in the second half. Scholes in particular, he gave away the rreekick too.

Never mind, build for 2004 and 2006. Senegal and Korea to support now :D 8D.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd be interested in your opinion on both the Red Card and the tackle on Beckham just before the equalizer Neil.

In my mind that should've been a free kick to England, instead they race upfield and turn the game on its head.

Rich2001

In my mind that should've been a free kick to England, instead they race upfield and turn the game on its head.
Are you talking about where the two players came in on beck's and he was forced to jumped them both and ended about 5 meters out of play?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i was pretty dissapointed when Ronaldinho was handed a red card, that was just sad !

i dont think he deserved it , anway im a hard brazil fan GO BRAZIL , and to all the english supporters out there, hard luck mate next time

Anyway today i had soccer we played in the morning and we won 9-7 I Scored a hatrick :D:D:D:D:D

the goalkeepeers didnt do that well because it has been raining in Auckland for the past 2-3 days continous and they penalty area patch is always shaved more than the rest of the field, hence no grass water soaked up and goalkeepers found it hard to do well

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That's what I meant Rich!

And which was Ronaldinho sent off for, the stamp or the elbow? From the referee's view (there was a camera which provided it) I think it was the elbow.

Anon2

Senegal and Korea to support now :D 8D.
No more Senegal anymore Neil. They did superbly just to get this far.

Rich2001

No more Senegal anymore Neil. They did superbly just to get this far.
Yes Senegal did fantastic and Korea are still in there, if they could just beat Germany, and Turkey provide a small upset by beating Brazil then a final between Turkey & Korea would be good.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
IMO it was a foul on Beckham by the Touchline. I said that as soon as it occurred.

And the Red Card.. well I haven't actually noticed the Elbow yet but for the lunge on the ankle with studs up... it was as bad as Henry's v Uruguay. Red anyway.

Still Korea left. Come on boys.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
noo Turkey isint gonna beat Brazil :(! really hope not

and yea i felt really sorry for Senegal :cry: they deserved to go much further !

Germany v Brazil final predicted