• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Englands plight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

jaspalsinghrana said:
Oh my God! Namibia have scored over 200 against England and pretty much gone the distance! Calling this England side ordinary is doing it an injustice. The term "cricketing minnow" seems more appropriate.

England can pull off a shock win against good sides now and again, but generally struggle! I'm an optimist, but there is no hope for England in this tournament. None whatsoever
Rather large over-reaction there, they were ahead of the Duckworth/Lewis score but they had a couple of players who got in and played the best innings of their lives once Burger went I was completely confident we'd win. India struggled against Holland i do believe??:rolleyes: Though people may have a point about England possibly not qualifying but ruling them out completely is just wishful thinking.

Bazza

There's a word for that, and it's not 'over reaction'. I am thinking more.... sensationalism. You should work in the media jaspalsinghrana.

Mr Mxyzptlk

jaspalsinghrana said:
Oh my God! Namibia have scored over 200 against England and pretty much gone the distance! Calling this England side ordinary is doing it an injustice. The term "cricketing minnow" seems more appropriate.

England can pull off a shock win against good sides now and again, but generally struggle! I'm an optimist, but there is no hope for England in this tournament. None whatsoever
Is it possible that Namibia played well?:wow:
Is it possible that they are a decent team with potential?:wow:
Is it possible that, given the chance, all the minnow teams will eventually win?:wow:

Cast your minds eye back to '96 -Keny v WI or '99 Bangladesh v Pakistan.

Rik

Choora said:
If you had seen the England-Namibia match then you would have known as to why people have been writing England off. Namibia actually gave England a scare and scored about 200 against English bowlers, Namibia coach admitted afterwards that English bowlers were ordinary. England's only chance will be against a topsy turvy side like Pak, if Pakistan plays poorly( something which they can) then England might make it to the Super six, otherrwise they have no hope!
The fact is that I did see the match. Some guy bowled well and got a 5for, a young talented batsman came out and played a brilliant innings. England still won. From what I've heard the only people who are writing England off are the supporters of the team Nambia have to play next...India...

Do you even know who the Nambia coach is? Former England all-rounder Dougie Brown. He's all for England doing well and I think he can be happy with this result, his side showed they deserve to be there and England won and got the points. He didn't admit a thing, krkode is right, it was a claim. I didn't see any mention of this "claim" anywhere though.

Last edited:

Rik

Re: Re: Englands plight

Choora said:
Fair assesment!
And why? Because he thought England were screwed? Oh how predictible. The only thing he missed out from your "fair assesment" was that India would win the cup I suppose? :yawn:

Rik

WCCC_SOMERSET said:
well gr8 effort from namibia. but i doubt england would mind too much. a win's a win. i think they were taking the game quite lightly.
That IS a fair assesment.

Choora

marc71178 said:
So at no point did he say anything about England's bowlers being ordinary, but he did admit that they were a bit rusty and out of form, which was the main reason for his side's performance.

Yeah which practically means that they were ordinary on that very day !

Choora

Rik said:
The fact is that I did see the match. Some guy bowled well and got a 5for, a young talented batsman came out and played a brilliant innings. England still won. From what I've heard the only people who are writing England off are the supporters of the team Nambia have to play next...India...

Do you even know who the Nambia coach is? Former England all-rounder Dougie Brown. He's all for England doing well and I think he can be happy with this result, his side showed they deserve to be there and England won and got the points. He didn't admit a thing, krkode is right, it was a claim. I didn't see any mention of this "claim" anywhere though.
No it wasn't a claim, though i admit that saying that he admitted also doesn't sound right as he only AGREED with the reporter
that England bowlers were off the mark in that match!

And if Nam's coach is all for England doing well than what has it to do with the topic??

Choora

Re: Re: Re: Englands plight

Rik said:
And why? Because he thought England were screwed? Oh how predictible. The only thing he missed out from your "fair assesment" was that India would win the cup I suppose? :yawn:
That's my opinion, i'm only agreeing with someone else comments to whome surprisingly you had not responded with such frenzy directly:O

India might and might not win the cup, you don't have to go though hysteria over it really:saint:

Last edited:

V Reddy

jaspalsinghrana said:
:lol: :lol: . Hey you said you were an English supporter some time back. But wasn't this statement too harsh:O :O

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
:lol: :lol: . Hey you said you were an English supporter some time back. But wasn't this statement too harsh:O :O
If England are minnows, I dread to think how you can describe Pakistan!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
jaspalsinghrana said:

Good Call! :rolleyes:

Langeveldt

Soutie
jaspalsinghrana said:

I dont know if you can call yourself a cricket fan but take a look at the latest test match ratings. You will find we are above India and Pakistan.
If you are an India fan, you are probably one of those giving them a bad name by burning effigies of Ganguly whenever they lose a match..

jaspalsinghrana

Langeveldt said:
I dont know if you can call yourself a cricket fan but take a look at the latest test match ratings. You will find we are above India and Pakistan.

No two words about test teams, England have a much better test team than India, but we here are talking about ONEDAY TEAM, its a completely different format, i don't think you know much about the game, sir!

[/QUOTE]
If you are an India fan, you are probably one of those giving them a bad name by burning effigies of Ganguly whenever they lose a match..
[/QUOTE]

Stop comming up with all this crap, i can retaliate to this but why should i get into thius mudslinging, it suits you better!

full_length

You're more of an England basher than an India supporter. So Langeveldt's comment was probably valid.

But who said England has a better test team than India?

They should be above in the rankings alright. But head to head methinks they suffer.

jaspalsinghrana

full_length said:
You're more of an England basher than an India supporter. So Langeveldt's comment was probably valid.

I do jokes a bit and you can call me a basher or so but saying that i burn effigies of players is stupid!

Langeveldt

Soutie
yeh im not trying to get into a flame war but the "Sensationalist" comments coming from some Indian supporters the world over seem to be a bit extreme. Ill leave it at that. Here we just let the media do that...

Anil

Langeveldt said:
yeh im not trying to get into a flame war but the "Sensationalist" comments coming from some Indian supporters the world over seem to be a bit extreme. Ill leave it at that. Here we just let the media do that...
Langeveldt, you are right now in the middle of "Flame Wars: Episode III or IV or V" or whatever. The rebellion has set up a small base on the World Wide Web in one of the forums of CricketWeb, the war is raging.....well, you know the drill..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.