• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

MrPrez

I've really not been enjoying le Clerc's attitude the last few weeks.

I was still willing to condone the whole situation with Vettel winning due to Ferrari messing up his strategy a few weeks back, but this weekend his refusal to pit when he had been told to by his team just rubbed me the wrong way.

He's phenomenally talented but his attitude stinks. Felt really bad for Verstappen this weekend too.

I really hope Russel finds a better team next season as I think he could do well in a mid-table car.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've really not been enjoying le Clerc's attitude the last few weeks.

I was still willing to condone the whole situation with Vettel winning due to Ferrari messing up his strategy a few weeks back, but this weekend his refusal to pit when he had been told to by his team just rubbed me the wrong way.

He's phenomenally talented but his attitude stinks. Felt really bad for Verstappen this weekend too.

I really hope Russel finds a better team next season as I think he could do well in a mid-table car.
Russell will replace Bottas at Mercedes now that Ocon is out of the way.

Flem274*

123/5
how anyone could feel bad for verstappen is beyond me.

leclerc is quick but no surprises a monaco born and raised kid is a bit of a brat.

i do feel for valterri, especially if he gets binned. no one wants to work their arse off to get to f1 only to end up as hamiltons filler and not allowed to challenge for a championship.

with leclercs star rising though surely vettel will be on the outer soon? f1 is ruthless, and he hasn't delivered since they pilfered him from red bull.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
how anyone could feel bad for verstappen is beyond me.

leclerc is quick but no surprises a monaco born and raised kid is a bit of a brat.

i do feel for valterri, especially if he gets binned. no one wants to work their arse off to get to f1 only to end up as hamiltons filler and not allowed to challenge for a championship.

with leclercs star rising though surely vettel will be on the outer soon? f1 is ruthless, and he hasn't delivered since they pilfered him from red bull.
Mercedes have shown with Rosberg that they won't stop their number 2 challenging.

Bottas doesn't win titles because he isn't good enough.

jimmy101

Am interested to know what people here think which team has had the greater dynasty. Mercedes with their current string of World Championships, or Ferrari in the early 2000's?

GoodAreasShane

Am interested to know what people here think which team has had the greater dynasty. Mercedes with their current string of World Championships, or Ferrari in the early 2000's?
Minardi

Seriously though, its pretty hard to say at this stage, it was the peak of the Schumacher era when I really started watching F1 and back then it seemed like it would go on forever. Lewis, as dominant as he has been, hasn't really ever looked as totally infallible as Schumi 2002 for example. Probably need to wait a couple of years and if Mercedes are still the same force then it is fair to say they would have surpassed the Ferrari golden era

jimmy101

Classic RDD response ;-)

But yeah, it's a tough one to call right now. Probably better to wait and see when Merc's run will come to an end. I remember when I was young & first getting into F1 circa 1997, it seemed back then that Williams would never be challenged. And then they lost Newey & were unable to adapt to the new rules. Just like that their hegemony was over.

By the time I was old enough for my parents to let me stay up & watch the European rounds of the season late at night it was 2000, & during that time Ferrari/Schumi definitely had that look of invincibility to them (2001 & 2002 especially). The only time I've ever felt the same way about Mercedes was during the 2014 season when they were so far ahead of the pack it wasn't funny.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It feels like Ferrari because of Schumacher's missed titles in the 90s.

Ferrari's domination happened more organically as well IMO, I don't think Ferrari's dominance happened on the back of a major regulation change.

jimmy101

Yeah, 1999 was definitely a Ferrari year & would have been Schuey's year had he not gotten injured. And as much as I don't like to praise them, Ferrari did exceptionally well to overthrow McLaren/Newey from the top of the pecking order post-1998.

jimmy101

So apparently Seb & Charles' little bump on the weekend has put Max into P3 in the Drivers' standings.

Lol.

jimmy101

Been reading a few things online about how bad of an idea Ricciardo's move to Renault was. In my opinion, Danny had reached the point in his career where he needed to take a gamble. A move to a bonafide factory team like Renault was his best option, he really didn't have many other creditable choices. Shades of Hamilton's move to Mercedes really, except Renault proved to be much less of a green pasture.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Been reading a few things online about how bad of an idea Ricciardo's move to Renault was. In my opinion, Danny had reached the point in his career where he needed to take a gamble. A move to a bonafide factory team like Renault was his best option, he really didn't have many other creditable choices. Shades of Hamilton's move to Mercedes really, except Renault proved to be much less of a green pasture.
It's a move that we won't know if it's paid off until 2021.

Worst case scenario, he wins the same number of titles he'd have won at Red Bull - 0.

jimmy101

It's a move that we won't know if it's paid off until 2021.

Worst case scenario, he wins the same number of titles he'd have won at Red Bull - 0.
Admittedly I'm looking forward to 2021 a lot more than I am 2020. Next season is just going to be a holding pattern if anything. Glad that Ocon is back in the grid though.

jimmy101

The owners of the Imola circuit are hoping to get back on the calendar in 2020 by filling the void left by the postponement of the Chinese Grand Prix.