• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free Windows Visa from Microsoft

Rajeev

simpy visit this site, log in with you hotmail or windows live mail id,(register fro free if you dont have one) then answer with this answers and voila you get free Vista cd mailed to you

btw i think that they will send multiple cds cause vista beta 2 was a 4gigs disc

happy leeching

http://www.microsoft.com/india/offers/vista/quiz.aspx

The answers are: -
1.Vista
2.Clarity
3.November 2006
4.True
5.Aero
6.All
7.All

Slow Love™

This is still the beta version though, right? I already grabbed a copy of beta 2, but I had probs with the video drivers. I think it'll just take more time for more cards to be properly supported (I have a Radeon X800GT).

I probably do want to upgrade to Vista eventually though, because it's promised a lot better support for wireless devices, and some of the behaviour I experience under XP leaves a bit to be desired.

Does the link provide you with a product key? 'Cause you'll need one.

16 tins of Spam

sledger said:
what exactly is all this....?
Vista is Microsoft's new version of Windows. As usual, people are inexplicably getting all excited about it, even though it will be the same steaming pile of rubbish that it always is. This time everyone's getting wet because it looks pretty - even though it's simply aping another company's product.

Matteh

sledger said:
is it worth anything? for example can i acqurie a disc via this method and then sell it on?
Probably. Although it'll be frowned upon no doubt. Office 2007 looks nice :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hmm frowned upon or not i smell the chance to line my pockets, don't mind if i do thanks very much.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Will the beta de-activate itself once the full version is released? Surely they'll make me fork out for Vista and DirectX10 etc.

Macka

Mundane Yogi said:
Given how awful the alpha versions of Windows always are, why would anyone want to sully their computer with a beta?
Given how poorly designed Windows products are -- forget the alpha and beta releases -- I don't know why anyone would run it.

But that's just me.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Macka said:
Given how poorly designed Windows products are -- forget the alpha and beta releases -- I don't know why anyone would run it.

But that's just me.

Been running it on my 3rd computer for a while now. It's pretty good. has a few annoying new features that seem to bundle everything into groups (like in control panel etc) but overall it's good. Not going to rush out and buy it to replace XP though.

It's stable too. Haven't had a single error message. But it's slow as ****. People are going to have to seriously upgrade/buy a new computer to have it running smoothly I think. Pretty poor effort from Microsoft in that regard and a pretty blatant move to get people to buy new hardware.