• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

G R E

Sudeep

Is anyone planning to appear for it, or has already appeared for it?

I started my preparations for it today, hopefully to be ready by the time appear for it in the latter half of August.

I got 790 in Math, and 600 in Verbal, in the diagnostic test I took.

masterblaster

GRE - Graduate Record Examinations....

Mainly for people overseas (in India and other places) so that they can qualify and go to an Overseas (USA) University and do a Postgraduate Degree (Masters, PhD) over there.

Sudeep's almost finished his Bachelors of Chemical Engineering, and I think is planning to go overseas.

http://www.gre.org/ttindex.html

Sudeep

masterblaster said:
GRE - Graduate Record Examinations....

Mainly for people overseas (in India and other places) so that they can qualify and go to an Overseas (USA) University and do a Postgraduate Degree (Masters, PhD) over there.

Sudeep's almost finished his Bachelors of Chemical Engineering, and I think is planning to go overseas.

http://www.gre.org/ttindex.html
It's widely recognised by American universities.

Universities elsewhere may or may not ask for it as a pre-requisite.

masterblaster

Sudeep said:
Is anyone planning to appear for it, or has already appeared for it?

I started my preparations for it today, hopefully to be ready by the time appear for it in the latter half of August.

I got 790 in Math, and 600 in Verbal, in the diagnostic test I took.
I'm telling you mate, Australia is the place to be!!!

:cool:

Sudeep

More information:

GRE is composed of three sections:
1) Verbal
2) Quantitative
3) Analytical

Both Verbal and Quantitative sections are scored from a total of 800 points, each having 30 and 28 questions respectively.

The Analytical section consists of writing two essays, both scored on a scale of 0-6, 6 being the maximum.

The Verbal and Quantitative sections usually test whatever skills you've acquired over your schooling, not your undergraduate degree.

Sudeep

A couple of sample Quantitative questions, if someone wants to have a go:

The questions below contain two quantities. You're to compare the two quantities, and choose:
A if quantity in column 1 is greater
B if quantity in column 2 is greater
C if both quantities are equal
D if a relationship between the two cannot be determined.

1) ds is not equal to 0.
Quantity 1: The time required to travel d miles at s miles per hour.
Quantity 2: The time required to travel d/2 miles at 2s miles per hour.

2) Triangle RTS is isoceles, and angle RTS = 40 deg.
Quantity 1: The sum of measures of the two angles of triangle RTS that have equal measure.
Quantity 2: 120 deg

Agent TBY

Sudeep said:
1) ds is not equal to 0.
Quantity 1: The time required to travel d miles at s miles per hour.
Quantity 2: The time required to travel d/2 miles at 2s miles per hour.
That was a tricky one...but the answer is A.

Sudeep said:
2) Triangle RTS is isoceles, and angle RTS = 40 deg.
Quantity 1: The sum of measures of the two angles of triangle RTS that have equal measure.
Quantity 2: 120 deg
I'd say D.