• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gaming discussion

Barney Rubble

I'm contemplating getting one of the two sometime later this year, but I really don't know which. Besides the fact that the PS3 is more expensive, but would allow me to use all my PS2 games, I really don't have much to go on, having only played one game on a PS3 (which was a PS2 game), and never having played on a 360. Help me out, guys. :)

Dasa

Not a lot of difference really. If you want the Blu-Ray capability, go with the PS3. I hear X-Box Live is very good though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
360 was rushed and has bugs, like the "Red Ring of Death", but at the moment has a superior list of games, with Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4 and the like. PS3 is better hardware-wise but the list of games is a bit lower in quality. That, however, will change in the coming months the impending release of some high profile franchises like Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13.

Goughy

360 was rushed and has bugs, like the "Red Ring of Death", but at the moment has a superior list of games, with Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4 and the like. PS3 is better hardware-wise but the list of games is a bit lower in quality. That, however, will change in the coming months the impending release of some high profile franchises like Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13.
After all that you still didnt answer the question :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
After all that you still didnt answer the question :p
I wasn't trying to answer the question, I was trying to give him scope. This question has no real answer, as it depends on so many factors including your taste in games, your personal biases and your history in gaming.

If it were me, I'd get a PS3 but there are reasons for that other than I think it's a better machine. In fact, I don't have a PS3 but we have a 360 at my house. It's not mine, but still.

Barney Rubble

I wasn't trying to answer the question, I was trying to give him scope. This question has no real answer, as it depends on so many factors including your taste in games, your personal biases and your history in gaming.

If it were me, I'd get a PS3 but there are reasons for that other than I think it's a better machine. In fact, I don't have a PS3 but we have a 360 at my house. It's not mine, but still.
Yeah, I'm not so much looking for an answer to the question as info on both consoles, so I can make a decision myself. Cheers DCYE, very helpful.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, such a geek :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

The only advantage I can see with the PS3 is the Blu Ray player. Now, I don't have an HD TV or have any intention of getting one, so there's no point in getting a PS3.

Funnily enough, when I bought the 360, the shop offered me an XBox HDDVD player for $20. Bargain.... If HDDVD had defeated Blu Ray.

Given there are more games and the XBox is cheaper by probably at least $250, I'd find justification for the PS3 pretty hard.

Cameron-Moss

I'd choose the 360, if your going live. It costs, but is not as laggy (slow)

Or the PS3 is free, but exetremely laggy I here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just got a PS3 today, pretty satisfied with it, especially when we get some more games like GT5 out.. Never played anything so quiet, and don't have to worry about any "rings of death" as well as the Xbox controller which I find so clunky and annoying..

Burgey

Should get outside and enjoy the fresh air, imo.
Aye.

Have to get one of these or a Nintendo Wii (if that's what it's called) for the kids at the end of the year. As the kids are 6, what do you guys reckon I should get out of the 3 of them?

cpr

Go for a Wii, definately, especially for kids that young. There not exactly going to be crying to play GTA or Gran Turismo, so no care for the big titles. Found Nintendo do better at titles aiming for younger audiences (noticed that when looking for half decent DS games). Also the active nature of the Wii makes it not only better for the kids, but more attention grabbing. Rather than sucking them into a world of lifeless sitting on the sofa, it'll get them (and lets face it, you) jumping around the room trying to hit an imaginary tennis balls or win races with Mario/Sonic/Other deformed animal.

This advert, sadly, wasnt paid for by Nintendo. Damn.