• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

George Michael jailed

stumpski

Feel free to make the usual comments about the showers etc ...

George Michael gets eight weeks for drug crash - Yahoo! News UK

Quite unusual for a celeb to actually go down rather than get bail pending appeal. Would expect an appeal to be lodged pronto, though tbf he's had a few chances before now.

The music obviously isn't to everyone's tastes, and he's probably a few years past his creative peak, but still quite a comedown for one of the biggest stars of the last 30 years.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As long as the gets a good round of applause when he goes into the nick he'll be ok. He enjoys a warm hand on his entrance, I hear. :ph34r:

Sure he'll just hate being surrounded by sex starved rough trade tho.

masterblaster

Apart from the same old jokes, it must be said that this is a sad fall for one of the biggest pop musicians. I've always thought George was a really talented guy with one of the best pure singing voices in the business.

He's proved over the years that apart from some of his fluffy pop dance stuff that he can write meaningful songs with integrity. Listen to Jesus To A Child or Praying For Time and you'll see that the talent is certainly there. The main thing though is that as a person, I hope he can sort out his issues before he does himself or other people any more harm.