• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happiest song ever written

James90

The Beatles - Good Day Sunshine
The Beatles - I've Got A Feeling
The Cure - Mint Car

Engle

Dont worry, be happy - Bobby McFerrin
Happy Days are here again - Reisman
Happy together - Turtles

BoyBrumby

Englishman
REM - Shiny Happy People

Duh
Not sure you're being 100% serious, but I'd say that's a good shout, as much as I hate the song.

Its happiness is almost pathological, like someone who's bi-polar in a manic phase.

I tend to notice songs by artists who aren't generally cheerful that buck the depressive trend of their oeuvre, so I'll nominate Love Cats & Friday, I'm In Love by The Cure & You're The One For Me, Fatty by Moz as worthy of consideration.

In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry & Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys always make me think of summer and raise a smile too.

cpr

Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Beatles - When I'm 64
Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
The Coral - Dreaming of You
The Eagles - Take It Easy
Housemartins - Happy Hour
Elton John - Tiny Dancer
Lovin Spoonful - Summer in the City
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Queen - Dont Stop Me Now
Simon & Garfunkel - The 59th Street Bridge Song

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spiderbait - Calypso

CPR - Do you really think Wonderful Tonight is so happy?

Of course songs do different things to people but for me that song while good isn't really happy for me.

Last edited:

cpr

CPR - Do you really think Wonderful Tonight is so happy?

Listen to the words. When you've felt like that there is no happier feeling. OK its not the most uplifting beat, but lyrically it fits the bill to a tee.