• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Potter spoilers: Folks who haven't read the book, be warned!

Anil

shall we start on theories for what happened in book 6 and what is going to happen in book 7? :)

steds

everyone dies

...hopefully including the guys who made the Harry Potter films, thus ruining everything Rowling had done

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lance Armstrong or somebody decent rides into town and teaches all the punks a thing or two about how to inspire people...

Sudeep

Harry Potter grows a head, to reveal that he is, in fact, Zaphod Beeblebrox. :D

Seriously though, I'm contemplating reading the books. But there's also Dune in the waiting list, so not sure when I'm actually going to restart the first one, which I left less that half way through. I'd still have five more books left after that, before I could discuss the seventh. :mellow:

Anil

i think snape is still on the good side and was acting on dumbledore's orders not to blow his cover when he killed him...i think he will help harry significantly in book 7 and will die in the last book....anyone agree?? :D

superkingdave

yeah thats my view as well, also the locket that was switched was in Grimauld place if you re read book 5 when they were cleaning out the house but i think Mundungus might have nicked it and sold it.

Anil

superkingdave said:
yeah thats my view as well, also the locket that was switched was in Grimauld place if you re read book 5 when they were cleaning out the house but i think Mundungus might have nicked it and sold it.
don't remember book 5 that much but that's possible...

Tom Halsey

I don't see how Snape can possibly be on their side now to be honest.

I reckon Voldemort dies at the end of book 7, as one of them has to at some point (the prophecy) and I can't see them leaving a mystery that big hanging at the end of it. And as it's a children's book, I can't see it ending sadly as Harry dies. And Dave's right about Black IMO.

As an aside, why on Earth was Chapter 2 included? It gave it away (although it might not have done if by some miracle he is still on their side). I suppose he could be, because Dumbledore has never been so wrong.

superkingdave

Dumbledore would not plead with Snape for his life, no the 'serverus' was Dumbledore reminding Snape of his mission IMO. All the same he didn't mean to make the unbreakable vow but it was forced upon him. Dumbledore has some reason to trust snape that we don't know.

steds

They all get Saints season tickets in order to see Jamie Lyon doing real magic before he buggers off to Australia again at the end of 2006, at which they get really upset, start fighting again and abra kadabra each other to death until only Harry is left.

Anil

superkingdave said:
Dumbledore would not plead with Snape for his life, no the 'serverus' was Dumbledore reminding Snape of his mission IMO. All the same he didn't mean to make the unbreakable vow but it was forced upon him. Dumbledore has some reason to trust snape that we don't know.
exactly...

Anil

Tom Halsey said:
As an aside, why on Earth was Chapter 2 included? It gave it away (although it might not have done if by some miracle he is still on their side). I suppose he could be, because Dumbledore has never been so wrong.
rowling was just trying to throw the readers off-track....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Indeed. However, there is now so much intrigued, crossed purposes, double-agency and fluffy allegiance that I'm officially bloody confused. I need book seven!

Also, in support of that theory - both are skilled Legilimens, so would have been able to 'talk' without words. R.A.B... either Regulus or Amelia Bones?

GotSpin

Anil said:
i think snape is still on the good side and was acting on dumbledore's orders not to blow his cover when he killed him...i think he will help harry significantly in book 7 and will die in the last book....anyone agree?? :D
Id like to see Harry listen to Snape. First time he sees him he will go nuts :)

Anil

Neil Pickup said:
Indeed. However, there is now so much intrigued, crossed purposes, double-agency and fluffy allegiance that I'm officially bloody confused. I need book seven!

Also, in support of that theory - both are skilled Legilimens, so would have been able to 'talk' without words. R.A.B... either Regulus or Amelia Bones?
i don't think it is indicated that either of them employed legilimens....they had a very good understanding between them...dumbledore probably knew that snape had made an unbreakable vow(snape must've told him that he was forced to do it...) and that he'd have to sacrifice himself to keep harry safe(his repeated reference to the idea that harry's life was much more valuable than his...)....he also wanted to prevent draco from turning into a killer and at the end preferred dying by snape's hands...all guesses of course... :)

still dumbledore's death was a shock, till the end of book 5, he had this invincible aura surrounding him....although rowling sets the tone at the beginning itself by showing his shrivelled, damaged hand, thereby hinting that he is vulnerable and can be hurt...

Last edited: