• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Henman v England

Mister Wright

Here's one for the Poms...

Not sure on the time delay between England & Germany and what time the soccer world cup final will be played. But if these two unlikely things were to happen on July 9 which would you watch?

Henman makes the Wimbledon final
England make the soccer WC final

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm pretty certain it'll be a moot point anyway, but I very much doubt anyone with external genitalia who isn't professionally involved with tennis or personally related to Tim will be watching the Wimbledon final.

Barney Rubble

I really could not care less about Tiny Tim's efforts - even if he got to the final he'd only choke again anyway. :ph34r:

I'll be watching the World Cup Final that day, even if it turns out to be Togo vs Angola.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as I know, the World Cup final usually kicks off around 7.30 in the local time of the host nation

And the Wimbledon final is in the afternoon

Not that there would be a second's thought about it anyway!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vic_orthdox said:
I'm not English, but I reckon I know the answer...

Starts with W, and ends in C.
World Cuc or Wimbledoc?!

The Tennis starts about 2.30-3.00

The Football about 7.00

Pedro Delgado

I'd be ****ed off if they interupted Mexico v Iran with a Timmy final never mind a WC final with England involved. Tennis is okay sometimes, but this is the WC ffs. The only thing that could possibly draw my attention from any WC game would be an Ashes Test akin to Edgbaston on the final morning or summat. The WC is just huge man, huge.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
umm a lot of people, but wimbledon final or world cup final its really a no contest...
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad that Wimbledon is on the same time as the WC so I can put my attention to something else. I'm just glad I have Foxtel so either way I'm not going to miss any of the action on the grass courts.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
Henman make the Wimbledon final :laugh:
Indeed - complete nonsense.

We all know that he's only ever been capable of the semis (although I'm sure that if it hadn't been for the rain he would have beaten Ivanisevic)

Mister Wright

luckyeddie said:

We all know that he's only ever been capable of the semis (although I'm sure that if it hadn't been for the rain he would have beaten Ivanisevic)
That would have been a great final - Henman v Rafter in an Ashes year.

Simon

WCC Staff
luckyeddie said:

Henman could have won Wimbledon a few times, but his time is gone, given his luck he'll probably draw Federer first round cause his ranking isnt high enough to be seeded himself...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
luckyeddie said:

Goran, as the wildcard entrant, winning Wimbledon was a better story though :cool: