• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Emerging Nations Trophy (Sim League X)

jimmy101

Those of you who have picked a team may post your 15-man squads when ready btw. Keep in mind that this is a 4-day comp played across the world, so a well-balanced squad is key. The player pools on the first page are just guidelines by the way, not everyone is in there, I've just listed the most notable players.

zorax

likes this
Irfan Ahmed, Anshuuman Rath, Kinchit Shah, Jamie Atkinson+, Chris Carter+, Babar Hayat, Mark Chapman, Haroon Arshad, Waqas Khan, Ehsan Khan, Anas Khan, Munir Dar, Nizakat Khan, Tanvir Afzal, Waqas Barkat+, Scott McKechnie+, Haseeb Amjad, Aizaz Khan, Ehsan Nawaz, Kyle Christie, Nadeem Ahmed, Ishtiaq Muhammad, Nasrulla Rana, Najeeb Aamer, Adil Mehmood, Mohammad Ghazanfar, Tanveer Ahmed
May I request the following players be made eligible for selection:

Stewart Brew
Nigel Stearns
Pat Fordham
Marin Sabine
Simon Myles
Rahul Sharma
Tabarak Dar
Munir Dar
Ilyas Gul
Dermot Reeve
Robert Fotheringham
Salauddin Tariq
Mohammad Zubair

jimmy101

May I request the following players be made eligible for selection:

Stewart Brew
Nigel Stearns
Pat Fordham
Marin Sabine
Simon Myles
Rahul Sharma
Tabarak Dar
Munir Dar
Ilyas Gul
Dermot Reeve
Robert Fotheringham
Salauddin Tariq
Mohammad Zubair
None of Stewart Brew, Nigel Stearns, Pat Fordham, Dermot Reeve, Simon Myles, Robert Fotheringham, Salauddin Tariq, Mohammad Zubair were active for HK during 2003 - 2019 I'm afraid.

Rahul Sharma, Tabarak Dar, Munir Dar & Ilyas Gul are all good & will be added to the list. In fact Munir Dar was already on there.

Finally, I have no idea who Marin Sabine but if he played for HK during the allotted window then I'm ok with him.

jimmy101

Such a shame...I played against this guy in Under-19s...and then saw him making his FC debut for Guyana...
Well I suppose if Canada doesn't make an entry then you can have him for Guyana.

How is everyone feeling about the exclusion of Canada/USA/Bermuda/Oman by the way? If people want I can expand to 20 teams, but people are most certainly gonna have to control more than one team each. Alternatively I can always manage a bunch of teams too.

ataraxia

Dale Richards
Adrian Griffith
Roston Chase
Sherwin Campbell
Kraigg Brathwaite
Ryan Hinds
Shamarh Brooks
Shai Hope
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
Vasbert Drakes
Kevin Stoute
Ashley Nurse
Jomel Warrican

This is my 15; bolded those who aren't on the list (IIRC).

Last edited:

jimmy101

Dale Richards
Adrian Griffith
Roston Chase
Sherwin Campbell
Kraigg Brathwaite
Ryan Hinds
Shamarh Brooks
Shai Hope
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
Vasbert Drakes
Kevin Stoute
Ashley Nurse
Jomel Warrican

This is my 15; bolded those who aren't on the list (IIRC).
Have added all those players to the list (had mistakenly listed Warrican as a Windwards/Leewards player). The only player which is ineligible there is Adrian Griffith, who retired in 2002.

ataraxia

Thanks, my final side is:

Dale Richards
Omar Phillips
Roston Chase
Sherwin Campbell
Kraigg Brathwaite
Ryan Hinds
Shamarh Brooks
Shai Hope
Shane Dowrich
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
Vasbert Drakes
Kevin Stoute
Ashley Nurse
Jomel Warrican

morgieb

Mike Powell
Stephen James
Matthew Maynard
Tony Cottey
Aneurin Donald
Adrian Dale
Geraint Jones +
Robert Croft *
James Harris
Darren Thomas
Simon Jones

David Lloyd
Mark Wallace
Steffan Jones
Dean Cosker

I've added Donald and Harris as Welsh born players that were omitted from the list of eligible players. Dale was techincally born in South Africa but grew up in Wales and played all his FC cricket in Wales - so IMO he should qualify (last FC appearance was 2004 so he just about qualifies).

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Will submit my team when cricinfo stops being a steaming pile of llamashit.

Seriously whoever thought of those godawful houseparty popup ads needs to be taken to a dark room and beaten. Making cricinfo completely unusable on mobile

zorax

likes this
Will submit my team when cricinfo stops being a steaming pile of llamashit.

Seriously whoever thought of those godawful houseparty popup ads needs to be taken to a dark room and beaten. Making cricinfo completely unusable on mobile
I just bit the bullet and got a CricketArchive subscription

zorax

likes this
None of Stewart Brew, Nigel Stearns, Pat Fordham, Dermot Reeve, Simon Myles, Robert Fotheringham, Salauddin Tariq, Mohammad Zubair were active for HK during 2003 - 2019 I'm afraid.

Rahul Sharma, Tabarak Dar, Munir Dar & Ilyas Gul are all good & will be added to the list. In fact Munir Dar was already on there.

Finally, I have no idea who Marin Sabine but if he played for HK during the allotted window then I'm ok with him.
Ah, didn't read closely enough. Martin retired by 2003 as well, so he'll be out.

I'll pick my final 15 soon