• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Important Discussion

mikeW

I'm happy with the latest idea, whatever helps to make Blewy and Simon's job easier is fine by me after all they do a great job of running this competition.

andyc

That new model looks a lot better. The only problem with the whole extension of the season, as far as I can tell, is that some teams could become very badly crippled by injuries with more games played. But apart from that it's all good, although I still think Div 1 should have less teams.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Imo.. injuries only make it realistic like anyway.. ( Watch me scream when i get hurt lmao )

I like the latest model blewy..

But i wouldnt mind increasin the div 1 with 2 teams from div 2 or somethin like that aswell.. i mean in the First model you had div 1 to about 9/10 teams? how about just 6 rather? would it work out with that?

Blewy

For the Record...

I haven't posted these earlier as i didn't want people's views clouded...
However with the majority looking like they are in support, here are how the new divisions will look...

Four Day

Division 1
Tamil Nadu
South Australia
Lancashire
Kent
Queensland
Surrey
Warwickshire
Western Province
Karnataka
Hampshire
ACT
Somerset

Division 2
Yorkshire
Mumbai
New South Wales
Canterbury
Worcestershire
Karachi
Auckland
Glamorgan

Division 3
Western Australia
Tasmania
Victoria
Leicestershire
Guyana
Free State
Northerns
Northern Districts

Division 4
Colts
Gauteng
Mashonaland
Jamaica
Chittagong
Barbados
Lahore
Galle

One Day

Division 1
South Australia
Lancashire
Kent
Queensland
Leicestershire
Warwickshire
Colts
Karnataka
New South Wales
Auckland
Victoria
Yorkshire

Division 2
Tamil Nadu
Surrey
Hampshire
ACT
Somerset
Free State
Worcestershire
Jamaica

Division 3
Western Australia
Mumbai
Canterbury
Western Province
Karachi
Guyana
Tasmania
Lahore

Division 4
Glamorgan
Northern Districts
Mashonaland
Northerns
Chittagong
Barbados
Gauteng
Galle

James90

I'm still not clear as to why the system has to be changed. If you were struggling with the workload then why did you bring in International Fixtures? The only suggestion I'd have with the new setup is that 2 sides definitely get promoted and the 3rd highest and 3rd lowest play off. This way you're less likely to just settle for midtable and have a pretty boring season. You always have incentive to change your position on the ladder.

Blewy

Its not so much the workload mate... Its the fact that it seems like as soon as we finish off season stuff, we are straight back into it again... This idea was to expand the season as well as bring in a new format, which for guys who have been around for ages has always been discussed but never run with...

As for the promotion/playoffs 3 up/3 down is a possibility, thats why we are looking to you guys for your thoughts...

Jamee999

Just a note, but some people have based their drafts around the divisions they will be in, and to suddenly find that they're not going to be in those divisions may well have messed up a few picks for them.

Blewy

Jamee i dont see how or why for that matter you could base your team setup on what division your in.. Surely everyone would be after the strongest possible side....

Jamee999

Yeah, but there may have been times when you have a batsman averaging 40 in 4D, and another batsman averaging 40 in OD, and if you think that you'll be able to manage in your OD league with out him, and you'll take the 4D guy as he may just tip the scales towards promotion/non-relagation.

They way I see this it's just needlessly complicating the simple fixture system, I'll be able to live with it and play along OK, but I don't see why we can't just play the teams 4 times, if you just want longer seasons (which I can see the reason for, as off-season looks like a ton of work for you guys).

Blewy

Because like i said above, this system has been talked about for ages but never eventuated, now it seems a good time and fits in well with what we want...

kears_falcon_9

It could work.. but im all go to stay with 6 divisions and keep the 10 games per season.. if u guys want an extended season.. make it a 20 game season... that stops all the hassle.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
kears_falcon_9 said:
It could work.. but im all go to stay with 6 divisions and keep the 10 games per season.. if u guys want an extended season.. make it a 20 game season... that stops all the hassle.
That would take too long (40 weeks) unless you played the OD game and FC game on the same day but that could cause problems because of the different divisions unless you played say Yorkshire and Mumbai 2 games at Yorkshire in the 1st round (or whenever) and when they meet again they play two matches at Mumbai.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I like the look of this right now..

Imo rob Div 1 is exclusive.. it has all the top teams in there.. and only 1/2 who cant afford to remain in there will go down and 1/2 get an opportunity to come up..

This might makes things a lot more interesting and competitive..because when ur crowned Div 1 champs.. your really competing 10 other of the best teams in WCC in a fair set competition to be crowned Div 1 4day Champs.. which is a solid battle to get through past..