• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ind-Aus test series

Outcome of the ind-aus test series

• Ind 4-0

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ind 3-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ind 3-1

• Ind 2-0

• Ind 2-1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ind 1-0

• Draw 2-2

• Draw 1-1

• Draw 0-0

• Aus 1-0

• Aus 2-1

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Aus 2-0

• Aus 3-1

• Aus 3-0

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Aus 4-0

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters

amits

Banned
what do u guys think will be the outcome of the ind-aus test series ?

(this is different from the official thread, as it is just an opinion poll)

keep all the series discussion to the official thread only. also, i never meant to start 2 threads on the same thing.

deeps

ok...my parents are both indian,i was born in perth and am an australian supporter...I have MANY indian supporter friends that live in perth...and NOT ONE has sed that india would win 4-0... you must be damn rigth stupid,or just being an idiot if u think india will win 4-0...In fact,many of my indian supporter mates would be happy if they win ONE test,let alone 4...Stop kidding ureself amits

They may win a few ODI's...but tests....get real

amits

Banned
deeps said:
ok...my parents are both indian,i was born in perth and am an australian supporter...I have MANY indian supporter friends that live in perth...and NOT ONE has sed that india would win 4-0... you must be damn rigth stupid,or just being an idiot if u think india will win 4-0...In fact,many of my indian supporter mates would be happy if they win ONE test,let alone 4...Stop kidding ureself amits

They may win a few ODI's...but tests....get real
deeps, if u have indian parents, so y u support australia over india in and ind-aus series ???

i believe that india will win 2-1 or 3-1, but so that there r votes all over, so i had to vote for ind 4-0.

PY

amits said:
but so that there r votes all over
There aren't going to be votes all over I'm afraid anyway. :P

Australia are going to spank India I'm afraid Mr Amits. Was 90% sure before warmups, now I'm certain.

deeps

amits said:
deeps, if u have indian parents, so y u support australia over india in and ind-aus series ???

i believe that india will win 2-1 or 3-1, but so that there r votes all over, so i had to vote for ind 4-0.
just coz my parents r indian,doesn't mean i have to support india!!! i can think for myself,and come up with my own opinions ty very mucH!

iamdavid

Sorry Amits. 4-0 AUS

I honestly cant see India winning a test out here , they just dont have the bowlers to take 20 wickets in a match against this team , unless they get an unusually crappy surface in which case the Australian bowlers will likely be even more effetive.

And I dont really see it raining enough this year (what with the drought we're in the middle of ATM) to help India's cause in the way of drawing matches.

India 4-0 hey
There is a line between patriotism & plain stupid , you my friend have crossed that line:lol:

amits

Banned
deeps said:
just coz my parents r indian,doesn't mean i have to support india!!! i can think for myself,and come up with my own opinions ty very mucH!
deeps, this is shocking, u r unpatriotic.

so u mean that everyone should support the country where they r born and not the country from which they originally r ??? :rolleyes:

deeps

i am NOT unpatriotic..in fact, i am totally patriotic towards australia..i was born and raised in australia...I've spent a total of about 8 months of my life in india,when i go there for holidays... U sed :

so u mean that everyone should support the country where they r born and not the country from which they originally r ???

well, ME, PERSONALLY am orignally from australia...it is my parents that are from india...there's a difference..

I am extremely patriotic towards australia,and support them in EVERY sport...including soccer!

Tim

right...enough of that.

Deeps has chosen to support Australia & you must respect that decision Amits.

As for the test series...well Australia don't like to draw tests..im going to say 3-1 to Australia.

V Reddy

amits said:
deeps, this is shocking, u r unpatriotic.

so u mean that everyone should support the country where they r born and not the country from which they originally r ??? :rolleyes:
When he is living in Aus, he SHOULD support Australia.

amits

Banned
vishnureddy said:
When he is living in Aus, he SHOULD support Australia.
this is shocking, deeps. u have indian parents and u r originally from india. ur background is indian and so U SHOULD SUPPORT INDIA.

so, if an aussie couple comes to india for a few months and within the time they r here in india, they have a child born to them and now u say that the child should support india, even over australia just because he was born in india ???

deeps, u r not originally from australia. u were only born there. u still visit india, have indian parents and have an indian background as well and so u r originally from india. so it makes more sense if u support india more than australia and also be a patriotic indian supporter. also, try coming back to india and settle here so as to recognise the value of the country from where u originally r.

start supporting india, deeps. supporting australia will take u nowhere and u will lose ur identity.

age_master

deeps said:
i am NOT unpatriotic..in fact, i am totally patriotic towards australia..i was born and raised in australia...I've spent a total of about 8 months of my life in india,when i go there for holidays... U sed :

so u mean that everyone should support the country where they r born and not the country from which they originally r ???

well, ME, PERSONALLY am orignally from australia...it is my parents that are from india...there's a difference..

I am extremely patriotic towards australia,and support them in EVERY sport...including soccer!
alot of indian born AUstralians support australia, particularly those who have lived here their whole lives...

anyway, i said 3-1 Australia, i reakon we will lose the 3rd test than come back for steve waughs last test :) though we do tend to lose 1 a series

iamdavid

amits said:
this is shocking, deeps. u have indian parents and u r originally from india. ur background is indian and so U SHOULD SUPPORT INDIA.

so, if an aussie couple comes to india for a few months and within the time they r here in india, they have a child born to them and now u say that the child should support india, even over australia just because he was born in india ???

deeps, u r not originally from australia. u were only born there. u still visit india, have indian parents and have an indian background as well and so u r originally from india. so it makes more sense if u support india more than australia and also be a patriotic indian supporter. also, try coming back to india and settle here so as to recognise the value of the country from where u originally r.

start supporting india, deeps. supporting australia will take u nowhere and u will lose ur identity.
:lol: :lol: :(

You Indians really do take you're cricket very seriously dont you , mate its a game , how does supporting one country over another in a game mean you will loose you're identity???

Cricket is a game , not life , people can support whichever country they wish:rolleyes: :duh:

deeps

amits said:

I was not only born in australia..i was RAISED in austrlia..i am 17 years old now...and out of 17 years, i have spent a total of 8 months in india...that's not that much... Why would i want 2 come back 2 india and settle there? I am doing niceley here in perth,studying engineering, at uni... my parents have been in australia for 23 years...My mum is 39 years old...that means she has lived more of her life in australia than in india...(she supports india)

Look, you're logic is extremely weird to me... Optimism is good,patriotism is good... But when u take them both too far,it becomes stupid... India are not gonna win a single test match in australia,let alone the series

A person that was born and bred in one country has every right to barrack for that country... It's not as if i was my parents were in australia for a few months, had me, and then took me back 2 india..in that case,i would've only been born in australia,and have no connection with australia...but me,i was born here,raised here and still live here (and plan on continuing to live here)..i have every right to support australia

Tim

Mate, I think you'll find that alot of Australians take cricket very seriously also..just like in most cricket nations you'll find hardcore supporters.

Anyway...back to the topic which is to vote what the final series result will be. Thanks.

iamdavid

deeps said:
I was not only born in australia..i was RAISED in austrlia..i am 17 years old now...and out of 17 years, i have spent a total of 8 months in india...that's not that much... Why would i want 2 come back 2 india and settle there? I am doing niceley here in perth,studying engineering, at uni... my parents have been in australia for 23 years...My mum is 39 years old...that means she has lived more of her life in australia than in india...(she supports india)

Look, you're logic is extremely weird to me... Optimism is good,patriotism is good... But when u take them both too far,it becomes stupid... India are not gonna win a single test match in australia,let alone the series

A person that was born and bred in one country has every right to barrack for that country... It's not as if i was my parents were in australia for a few months, had me, and then took me back 2 india..in that case,i would've only been born in australia,and have no connection with australia...but me,i was born here,raised here and still live here (and plan on continuing to live here)..i have every right to support australia
Very well said Deeps:) :cool2:

For the first time I an honestly say I fully agree with you:saint:

amits

Banned
deeps said:

deeps, i am almost the same age as u. i am 18 and was 17 till a week ago. and out of these 18 years, except for 11 months, i have fully lived all of my life in india and i will continue to live in india till i die. i have no plans of leaving india, no matter what.

if i were in ur place, that is i was born in australia and i had indian parents, i would have surely supported india as india is the country from where i am originally from. i would have surely come back to india as i belong to india.

u were only born and brought up in australia, u r not originaly from australia just B&B there. u have indian parents, u have an indian backround and u also follow hinduism, and u also look like an indian (as u have both indian parents). even if u had 1 aussie parent, still it would have made sense supporting aus, but with both indian parents, to support aus, it is foolishness and stupidity.

and david hoitink, stop agreeing with deeps just coz u r an aussie. if u were an indian, would u still have agreed with him ?

deeps, ur own country is ur own country. u r originally from india, have indian parents, have an indian background and also look like an indian, and not only this, u have lived 8 months of ur live in india, and ur native place is also in india, so it makes more sense if u support india over australia.

about the test series, india will for sure win the series. india r surely due for a big win abroad and with tendulkar and laxman in flying form, these 2 players will alone be enough to murder the aussies after sehwag and ramesh take india off to a flying start.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Which part of "LEAVE IT" is the difficult one? It's entirely his choice whether he supports India or Australia. Just because you are born somewhere does not indefinitely tie you to that place for life.

Kindly stop flogging this long-dead horse, as his choice is absolutely nothing to do with you.

Consider yourself warned.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slowly, the thread shuffles back on topic.

My head says 4-0 to Australia, my heart really doesn't care (just as long as there's plenty of laughs and someone emerges from either side as a 'character' I can take the Mickey out of, that'll do for me (when's Warney back?).

Still, I've gone for 3-1.

Surely in one game, the likes of Sachin, His Regal Left-handedness, McDravid, AA and the like will get it together big time?