• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's time to go, Shane Watson.

Burgey

Worst part is that he's already proven he can adapt his batting style and technique with sufficient motivation. Remember all the howls of derision when he was picked in the NSW FC side and said he wanted to play Tests? "Would score the fastest Test 30 ever", etc. Next thing he's scoring FC tons, is in the Test side and all but wins a Test on an utter greentop against NZ carrying his bat.
Might have ben the worst thing to happen to him

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

If Chris Gayle swings that bat into Twatto's face and kills him, Australian cricket would have been flying right nowl #butterflyeffect

Top_Cat

Ugh, Jono talking science.

Watto had back stress fractures at 14, 16 and 18, incidentally. Interesting to wonder how well he'd be travelling if he had spent all that time batting instead of just getting back on the park.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Did he actually miss whole seasons through injury as a kid? If he did, it's pretty incredible that he got to where he is. Not only does it delay development, but it must make it really hard to remain in State junior sides when you're absent for such prolonged periods.

Spikey

when you are a destabilising force on the team,you've really gotta be a match winner too

Top_Cat

Even then, that doesn't save you in strong teams.

That's my biggest issue with his continued selection, honestly. He's had the career of a fairly modest Test cricketer but is being selected as if he's the gun. He's got a lot of support from former players but I reckon they're still looking at him like he's still on the up. It's that squishy baby face, I'm telling you.

Carn_the_pies

Never rated him as a true test batsmen despite his 18 months of glory.

Tis why I've always said he should be batting at #6 or even #7.

2 100s in how many innings??
Give me Roy every day of the week.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I really feel that it'd be better for him to be dropped after this series in England unless he has a massive shift in form in the last four tests.

With Rogers looking solid at the top of the order, and Haddin going ok, I think we have enough senior players. It's time to bring in the most talented young player we have.

We already have 4 or 5 openers in the team, so why not drop Watson and let one of them open.

I'd plan to drop Watson at the end of this series. Rogers and Haddin to play on as long as form dictates.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
David Gower was chatting to Steve Waugh at the tea break, during which the subject of Australia's batsmen came up. According to Waugh, Twatto has loads of potential.

Gower's next words should have been "you do realise he's 32, don't you?"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Twattonoma seems to be living proof that it's not what you know that gets you on in this life, but rather how big a douche you are.

Find it staggering that after all these years of underperforming, shyte reviewing, pant wetting and general fecktardery he's still in the test XI.

Man's such a **** he makes Brad Haddin look like a good bloke, ffs.

morgieb

Haha, ****.

Personally would be happy to see the whole Watson faction never play for Australia again. Unless Patto's involved.

Goughy

With Rogers looking solid at the top of the order, and Haddin going ok, I think we have enough senior players. It's time to bring in the most talented young player we have.
How about just picking the best 11 players regardless of age?