• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

King Kong

Tim

Peter Jackson is a genius. I'd give this movie an A. It's probably 15-20 minutes too long, but he was right in wanting to give it 3 hours I think. It has elements of Jurassic Park in it which is cool. Some parts can be more gruesome than I expected too.

On the whole, an absolutely brilliant movie.

Mister Wright

I'm going to see it tonight. I've seen it given 5 stars on a few occasions, so am expecting a very good movie.

Btw, has anyone seen Jackson lately, he has lost SO much weight!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mister Wright said:
I'm going to see it tonight. I've seen it given 5 stars on a few occasions, so am expecting a very good movie.

Btw, has anyone seen Jackson lately, he has lost SO much weight!
That's just like chucking deckchairs off The Titanic tho, surely?!? :p

Tim

Yeah he has. I read an interview where he said he swapped ham-burgers for salads and the result is clear to see.

The movie basically has everything...drama, romance, adventure, action, a bit of comedy.
Superb and to think it was all made at Weta Studio's in Wellington...crazy!

Jackson is producing Halo next up I think. I think his next movie is a drama about a girl who dies and goes to heaven and watches her family cope with her death..sounds pretty heavy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jackson is producing Halo next up I think. I think his next movie is a drama about a girl who dies and goes to heaven and watches her family cope with her death..sounds pretty heavy.
sounds like a potentially decent idea if you ask me, if a little depressing.

andyc

Tim said:
Yeah he has. I read an interview where he said he swapped ham-burgers for salads and the result is clear to see.

The movie basically has everything...drama, romance, adventure, action, a bit of comedy.
Superb and to think it was all made at Weta Studio's in Wellington...crazy!

I'm absolutely stoked that he's producing Halo, it should be an awsome movie.

I've not seen King Kong, but it does look really good from what I've seen

Adamc

Tim said:
That's not based on The Lovely Bones is it? Seems like a strange thing for him to direct, but then I'm not overly familiar with his other (non-LOTR) work.

Tim

Before LOTR, Jackson did do a couple of wacky horror, comedy films like Brain Dead & The Frighteners (which starred Michael J Fox), but he also did Heavenly Creatures which was a drama about 2 girls in Christchurch who conspired to kill one of their mothers..that was Kate Winslet's movie debut.

shaka

when did u see it tim? midnite? I saw Jackson on the news tonite, he has lost a whole lot of fat and seems to have shrunk (or perhaps the interviewer was too tall).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL I remember The Frighteners. That was a weird movie.

Though I'm not a fan of Peter Jackson's work, I will check King Kong out.

Lyell_Chris

Adamc said:
That's not based on The Lovely Bones is it? Seems like a strange thing for him to direct, but then I'm not overly familiar with his other (non-LOTR) work.
exactly right, based on the lovely bones

Natman20

I find it hard to believe he has lost so much weight in so little time really I think he has had his stomach stapled :D

_Ed_

Not a fan of LOTR but I absolutely loved Heavenly Creatures, brilliant film. Undecided about whether I'll go see King Kong, will if one of my friends wants to but otherwise I'll wait for it to come up on Sky.

Anil

saw the movie, fabulous special effects, on the whole, a very enjoyable experience.... :)