• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kramer's a racist

Adamc

That's just crazy. It's not uncommon for some people to exhibit latent racist tendencies when they're under stress, but this seems to run a lot deeper than that. The reference to lynching is particularly disturbing. I'm a big fan of his character on Seinfeld so it's quite sad really.

Here's his apology for what it's worth, but I can't really see him living this down.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pretty shocking. It was just so weird watching "Kramer" go in a racist rage. Sad really.

Slow Love™

What a shocker. Seems like at the end he was looking for some way to salvage it, by ruminating on the power of "those words", but a few seconds later, I think he realised how bad it had gotten and just left the stage.

Hearing the woman close to the camera say "Oh my god" at one stage really drives home how much Richards had lost it. In some ways it's a shame that losing it in that way will probably haunt his career forever, but what he said simply can't be defended.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Lets be honest, the guy's done nothing since Seinfeld. He doesn't have a "career" to ruin.
Sad but true. Heard his recent stand-up acts have been woeful, with very few laughs.

He did make this movie though, which was sort of funny.

:ph34r:

Anil

doesn't make any difference whether he was on alcohol or drugs or whatever, what he said was indefensible and any number of public apologies for the sake of salvaging his bloody image doesn't really mean anything, his remarks showed deep-seated racism and i don't think at this age it would be easy to just change that kind of mental makeup....

Buddhmaster

He was apologizing earlier today (11pm over there) with Jerry Seinfield on the Letterman show. Video might be up on youtube soon.

pasag

RTDAS
Anil said:
doesn't make any difference whether he was on alcohol or drugs or whatever, what he said was indefensible and any number of public apologies for the sake of salvaging his bloody image doesn't really mean anything, his remarks showed deep-seated racism and i don't think at this age it would be easy to just change that kind of mental makeup....
I don't think you can say he is a deep seated racist from one outburst. He may very well be, but I don't think you can label that from the one incident that we have seen.

Dasa

What a nut.

Although, it almost seems as if he knew what he was saying and thought he would get laughs from it (just from the way he said the comments). Obviously it was an utterly stupid move if that is the case.

Alternatively, he could just be a racist idiot. Probably more likely.

Anil

pasag said:
I don't think you can say he is a deep seated racist from one outburst. He may very well be, but I don't think you can label that from the one incident that we have seen.
then where do those kind of remarks come from? he did not stop with a one-liner, he went on and on and on....and it was similar to the kind of trash talk that you would hear from a kkk or an aryan nations member, i've seen/heard a lot of that in t.v programs....except they would say it in a more prepared, matter-of-fact way, this guy was totally out of control....he said in his "apology" on letterman that he is not a racist but i have a lot of difficulty believing that....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I wish I was a funny guy, because then I'd make a hilarious connection between Michael Richards, the soup NAZI, and white supremacy.

pasag

RTDAS
Anil said:
then where do those kind of remarks come from? he did not stop with a one-liner, he went on and on and on....and it was similar to the kind of trash talk that you would hear from a kkk or an aryan nations member, i've seen/heard a lot of that in t.v programs....except they would say it in a more prepared, matter-of-fact way, this guy was totally out of control....he said in his "apology" on letterman that he is not a racist but i have a lot of difficulty believing that....
Listen I agree that he may very well be a dirty racist and this outburst is an indication that he is, however, I just wouldn't make assumptions on his general personality from one outburst that is more likely to be as a result of stupidity than general racisim.

It might very well come out in the next few days that he has a history of it and more stories will surface. But from one incident, to call him a deep seated racist is abit unfair.